Sunday, April 20, 2008

He's Home

My husband travels a lot for his new job. A whole lot. But he managed to surprise me this weekend by coming home. So that is why have not posted. That and getting ready for the NJ Memories Scrapbook Expo. Something Old, Something New is now sold out on Friday & Saturday! I am so excited about this class. It was very fun & very challenging & very messy! If you have signed up for this class in NJ, make sure that you bring a cutter that has a flip out ruler & that you can read the numbers on your sliders. Trust me on that, it will save you some measuring time. Anyway, I have class at The Pink House today. Me and the fabulous Lorna will get to spend some time together. Love her, she is so sweet.

Lots of class news so I will keep it short. I am up to my neck in class kits! I found in OH that it is almost impossible for the scrappers in the back to see the sample projects so since I came back, I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a solution. Well, finally a thought of something that is so simple and so cool came to me. It will be debuted at the Jersey show and I know it will make things so much easier for you. I've also been collecting some "thangs" to offer up as class giveaways. Although I try to pack my class kits to the gill and I try to time my classes so that there is not a lot of down time (although the more advanced scrappers always seem to be one step ahead of me. I'm working on a class for that! lol) I am missing the mark in one area. Giveaways. Who doesn't like free stuff? Well apparently, yall like them a lot so, I will be offering giveaways & coupons for the booth in all of my classes from now on. We have made some changes with the class handouts so that you won't have to struggle to draw sketches or take notes & photos of the completed projects. You spend good money & time on my classes so I want to make sure that you get more than you paid for! Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me, good-bad-& ugly, on my classes. If I haven't heard from you & you really would like to let me know what you think/thought, just send me an email at sjamison8@sc.rr.com.

The message boards, thanks to Lisa, have been being posted on regularly but those darn crickets are still there. So make sure that you stop by! There will be someone from Gifted Memories there daily at 8am (for you early birds) 6pm & 9pm all est. Right now we are trying to get to know each other so we have a thread going that asks you to introduce yourself, answer the question from the person that posted before you then ask a question for the person that post after you. We also have threads for your favorite tools & techniques and a tutorial. We would love to see you there too! Here is a recap of the schedule:
  • Tuesdays 9-10pm est Scrappers SOS
  • Wednesdays 9-10pm est Humpday Hat Trick
  • Thursdays 9-10pm est 101 Uses
  • Sundays 6-8pm est Wuz Up
  • Daily 8am, 6pm & 9pm ChitChats

The one thing that has surprised me the most about doing the conventions is this: How many premade pages I have been selling! I have even been getting requests to sell the kit sample pages. Wow! I am so appreciative of how much yall like my work and am working to offer more premade pages specifically to sell. Up until now, they have just been used to show different ways to use some products but these pages are so popular, we have added them to the menu. Here are a couple for the next show. I don't know which one I like better of the 3, they all came out great.


Thanks for stopping by the blog and have a fantastic week!

No comments :