Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's A Rainy (Hopefully A Little Snowy As Well) Day

And I am ready to craft.  My Christmas tunes are going (still), my heater is blasting and my glue gun is smoking hot.  I have had these die-cuts FOREVER and I am determined to use the whole sheet of them all up today.  It just so happens that the 12 tags project that tim holtz posted for February is perfect for this.  I will be back tomorrow to show you what came about. 

Score card.....

Stash - 0
Shere - 1 (plus a gold star for not sleeping on a rainy, snowy Sunday)

I have been creating much more lately (yeah for me - happy dance - loud clapping) since I decided to make making stuff a priority.  It feels so good to do more than just jot my ideas down and put them aside for a "better" day.  I chalk it up to taking care of me and know that in the long run, my family and I will all be better for it. 

I am finally getting my head set on doing something about the hundreds of photos that we have stashed in boxes.  My kids and family love to look thru them when they visit so I am sure that my scrapbook and photo albums will not go to rot when I bite it.  The effort is worth it to me bc I enjoy finding old photos of my mom, dad and ancestors so why won't my future family members feel the same when they come across mine?  I purchased these page protectors from WRMK.....

 

The plan is to organize my photos by date and add them here more or less chronologically.  There won't be any layouts here only photos and sometime PL cards that document the people, dates and stories that I remember.  Seriously, this album is not going to be very creative.  Just plain ole grunt work to get the photos out of boxes and into more user friendly albums. 

This page on the other hand was creative and will go into my scrapbook album.  3 years ago, my husband, son & I took a trip to Niagara Falls. - 3 years?  WHERE does the time go and HOW does it move so fast??  It feels like we took this trip just last month.  Geesh -  This is one of my favorite photos and I really love the lo too.  I did a lot of journaling on this page, but it is all on the back.  Only the basics (who, what, when & where) are on the actual page...



It is a scraplift of this layout that is on my pinterest board.  It's by Stephanie Bryan whose work I love.  If you get a chance, click on the link and visit her blog. You will not be disappointed!!  Yeah, I know.  My page is nothing like hers except for maybe placement but I am still 100% happy with it. 
I am especially in love with the collage of papers behind the photo mat.  This comes from the Amy Tangerine paper pad that I just bought. 


Anywho, that's all for me.  What about you?  What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? 

I would love to hear from you and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments :