Monday, March 9, 2015

My Crafty Space

is massive.  And I don't mean that in a braggy look at me way.  I mean it in a don't know quite what to do in it or with it, not entirely happy with it kind of way.  I have kinda taken over the basement with all of my stuff and there is a ton of it!  Between my eBay stock and my craft things, there is no space and almost no creativity.  I would love to have my favorite layouts displayed on the walls.  Some of the very cute crafty purchases that I have bought from eBay and etsy would make my heart happy if they were on display there.  Not to mention some favorite photos, paintings and thrifting finds.  I have had my eye on a chair like this for eons and even though I have the space for it, I've not taken the time to make or buy it for myself. 

 
This ends up being where I do most of my actual crafting.  I have changed the setup of this 50 million times and this particular one has lasted the longest and seems to be the most comfortable.  It's not quite it yet though. 
 
 

 
 
 
This seems to be where I do most of my selections and sometimes I work here.  But not often.  Don't know why, it just feels a little cramped - cold - not right. 
 



 
 My computer, printer and silhouette station. 
 



 
 
I really do love my space and am grateful to have a dedicated one, I just feel that I don't know how to make it me and that it is too cluttered with stuff.  The easy answer is to get rid of all the stuff.  I'm working on that but most of the stuff I keep out, I always end up using at some point.  I'll get there, I really will.  Maybe it's just that after so many years of working at the kitchen table or in a corner, I got used to working that way and will need time to adjust to having a space of my own.  It is definitely nice to always find my things where I left them.  And to go to use them and not find them covered in glue, candy, glitter or dirt.
 
Is there anyone else out there who is fortunate enough to have a dedicated space but is not entirely happy with design or feel of it?  I would love to hear your thoughts on this.....
 
Thanks for dropping by!

No comments :