Monday, March 7, 2016

How Fast Do You Scrap?

I have never been a fast scrapper and am not now.  That being said, I have been finishing a lot of layouts.  In fact I have 4 to share today.  I do realize that scrapbooking is my hobby, my happy place, my joy and completing pages is not a race.  It is a destination and the joy of getting to most destinations includes the journey.  

I have been listening to the Scrapgals podcast lately (they are so funny!  and I always find myself laughing out loud) and on one of their recent episodes they discussed one of their readers annoyance with rush scrapbooking.  One minute pages and quick to finish pocket pages.  Anyhow, it was a great episode and it really made me think about the pressure I put on myself to get as many pages as done as possible as quickly as possible. 

Maybe that was the reason for my general lack of wanting to create.  Who knows but I am sure glad that my joy in creating is back aaannnnd that I am creating a lot of pages.  I still hem & haw of some pages but for the most part I just do it.  

So on to the 4 layouts that I want to share today. 

This first one is a mixed media layout.  I really enjoy doing this type of page but it takes a lot of time.  Like a couple of days for me.  This was based on this layout from my pinterest boards.  I can't find the pin but it was definitely a Finnabair lo from one of her design team members.  

 


This next one is for challenge 471 at scrapbook challenges.  I will probably post it over there tomorrow as I got a really late start tonight.  Normally i'm done by 10 am.....

My daughter entertaining herself during a road trip.  One of my favorite pictures ever of her:)



This one is based on this sketch from my pinterest boards.  This sketch will go into my binder because I kept coming up with different ways to interpret it as I was creating pages.....


The picture is of me and my siblings (there are 6 of us) and all of our spouses + kids.  My father is also in there too.  One of the things I love about our family pictures is that you can never get everyone on the same page!  Someone is always looking away, making faces or doing bunny ears.  

Inspiration for the last page for the day is also from my pinterest boards.  This art journal page had a bird silhouette cut from the base page wit test behind it.  I kept it simple by cutting rectangles out of 3 different papers (number, black cs and red cardstock) than tucking my photos inside.....




That's it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by......



No comments :