Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I'll Be Late An Hour Earlier

This is what my son told me the other day and he seems to think that it is a perfectly reasonable college aged man explanation for his issues with time.  Really?  What does that even mean!!!???  He explained thus:  "it's not the actual clock time that makes me late but the passage of time.".  Still.  What?????

I am really going to miss this dude:)

Long time no blog!  I have been so busy traveling, entertaining and enjoying the last little bit of time with my little guy before he leaves home to start his life.  It's getting real folks...

One part of me is full of excitement for the next phase and the other part of me feels like I will no longer be a mother because all of my children are on their own.  Unreasonable and untrue but feelings are not always sensible are they?  Anywho, moving on before the tears begin!

There has been very little time to create but I have managed to carve out a few pockets so I do have some pages to share this week.  The photo sorting project that I started at the beginning of the year is plugging along very slowly.  But because of it, I have managed to dig up some favorite photos and use them on a few pages.  All but the last photos is 5 or more years old.

Love this one of these 2 lifetime sidekicks.....


A recent photo of this little guy showing off all of his personality.  So grateful to have spent time with him this summer:)  I used this sketch from pagemaps....


as the basis for the design (loosely).  Patterned papers, sewing and stamping added some flair.  The photo was not a good one and didn't represent any specific event.  What it did do for me is to remind me of what a spunky little guy Ethan is and I love how it fits this page.....



This next page is also based on a sketch.....



My mother-in-law had never traveled far from home until we started taking her on vacations and trips with us.  She loves it now and you can see it in the photo of her below.  We were in Mexico?  maybe.  I'll have to remember to look it up and add it to the back with the journaling before the page gets put away.  I wish that I had about 40 more sheets of that old, old, old club scrap map paper.....



 Probably my favorite page of the day is this one inspired by Jessy Christopher.  I found her layout on the Crate Paper blog and knew that I had to scraplift it!  The design was perfect for these fun photos of my nephews!!


Thanks for hanging in there with me during my long blogging break!  I plan to start posting much more regularly now that i'm back!  Happy Tuesday and see you soon.😊


No comments :