Monday, July 18, 2011

Two Weeks Ago

I made a decision to not eat any more fast food and so far so good.  I was finding myself "supporting" McDonalds 2 times a day (WHAT!).  Seriously.  I had gained 10 pounds on top of the other pounds that I have been needing to lose for years now.  I had to stop.  Had to.  And I did.  So far so good.  I feel so much better.  I am not nearly as tired (I would feel that I needed a nap as soon as I finished my meal whenever I ate at MCD's) and I have a ton more energy.  I am not saying that McD's is bad for you.  I don't think it is if you eat there in moderation.  But I am saying that I was out of control and if I was eating at McD's for that many meals, I was not getting enough fresh fruits and veges and other good things.  Since we bought the new homestead, we have been eating out significantly less.  Significantly.  Less than once a week significantly.  That is big for us bc we LOVE to eat out.  Love it.  But anywhoo, moving on.

On my desk

I am just getting ready to start a summer mini-album.  I took a few pictures of my crazy process.  I don't know how anyone can work like this!  I set my studio up in the family room downstairs until we finish my actual space.  I can hardly wait for it to be done.  I am envisioning craftovers with the chicks, classes, super productivity.  The list is endless.  Back to my desk...
I am going to use 7gypsies board album for the base.  I love their products bc they are soooo sturdy. 
I did not like the fact that it was accordian so I am going to cover the holes I don't want with paper and use larger rings to hold the entire album together.  It is bound to be as thick as a phone book when I am done.


The papers are all over the map.  I can't even begin to name all the companies.  I am sure there are some you recognize.  As always, I use a few oldies but goodies and mix them in with some new kids to keep it interesting. 



I also picked out K&Co's summer stickers for my embellishment base.  But I plan to use all this other stuff to fill it in and out.  No skinny mini's here!  I covered the entire table in possibilities....


Thanks for stopping by and I will update progress tomorrow with a couple of new techniques I have been playing with. 

No comments :