Friday, January 23, 2015

Making Progress on my Calendar

I have started on March (yeah me) but the great news is that February is completed.  It is pink overload, big time.  Anywho, the basic design follows the plan that was sketched out at the beginning of my project.  Following a plan keeps me from having to make time consuming design decisions for each and every page.  But I don't want it to be boring either so I keep it interesting by changing the number of photo mats, position of the mat/s on the page and of course the papers and color scheme.



The month of love is more than likely going to call for photos of us and of the things that we are doing to celebrate each other (flowers, candy, cards, parties.....).  The papers are really busy and bright so I tried to place all of my embellishments tight to the photo mats and very monochromatic.  Love it.






Another of my creative goals for the upcoming forever is to stop using my pinterest board for just looking.  Honestly, it has been very freeing to allow myself to just create.  I probably scrapped 5 pages all year long for my family (most of the albums and pages that are on my blog get sold on ebay:).  Sasha Farina is definitely one of my favorite scrappers, ever.  Like stalker type favorite.  Crazy love her work and am always pinning her stuff.  Finally, I actually scraplifted something.  She is so inspiring!  I am the worst scraplifter in the world and my page does not come close to touching her design voodoo but it makes me so happy! 

This is a link to hers on my pinterest board.......

This is mine

 
 

This layout is about my niece and how sweet she is.  I loved how she was smiling and how dark the background is in contrast to her bright pink sweater.  Not set on the journaling yet but I will eventually add it.  I tend to put my journaling on the back of my layouts about half the time because it makes it easier for me to write something meaningful.

What I mean is, it takes some of the pressure off because I feel that if it is on the back of the layout, I can write without the pressure of having the journaling be perfect.  So if I misspell a word and scratch it out, it doesn't feel as if I ruined the entire page.  It also gives me more space in case I am in the mood to ramble:)  Here are some closer looks at what I did...... 

 
Lots of dimension going on here.......

 
When was the last time you saw a snap?  I added some sewing thread in an infinity pattern to give it interest.  I also added brads to the centers of the flowers and dots of stickles randomly for sparkle...

 
 

 
 




 
 
There are a lot of throwbacks on this page.  Tearing, snaps, stickles, brads and vellum but also some new products/techniques too.  Hope you enjoyed. 
 
As always, thanks for stopping by and looking around.  I would love to hear from you and welcome your comments.......
 
Shere

No comments :