Thursday, December 7, 2017

Mile Long To-Do List

Planning for a big event can be so intimidating!  I am determined not to get overwhelmed and to stay on track.  I have Christmas planned to the letter.  If we can get the daily tasks done, no problemo.  We are 7 days into our plan and so far so good.  We just have to keep it up.  There are about 25 things left to do but I know that it is the little details that will kill a schedule so those are the ones that are most worrying me right now.  The task that can't be done in advance but that must be done in order for everyone to have a place to sleep and food to eat.  

Thankfully my family is so, so chill.  They will roll with whatever happens and they don't have a problem chipping in and helping when they see it's needed.  I'm the one that will need to calm down lol.  It is really important to me that they are happy that I guess I go a little overboard about making everything perfect sometimes.  

Maybe I should be clear about what I'm talking about?  We are hosting Christmas at our house this year and plan to have 30 loved ones for 4 days enjoying everything that DC has to offer.  Hopefully, that will include a few fluffy snowflakes:)  

Speaking of snow, check out the snow on this page!  This is probably one of my favorite pages of all time.  It's really simple but interesting all at the same time.  I LOVE the sequin border!!!!!  It was super easy to make.  All I did was run a short bead of hot glue and drop the sequins on it (after letting the glue cool just a little).......



Holy bright yellow Batman lol.  This page was another fun one.  It all started with the alphas that I picked up at Target.  They are so pretty!  This is exactly my kind of ride but I had chicken duty:) so had to sit it out and take photos instead.......


If you've ever been to DC cupcakes, you know that their treats live up to the hype.  They are so worth waiting in line for which is why my little guy looks so excited......


My daughter minored in Spanish in college which came in handy while we were on vacation.  Even though Spanish & Italian are different, they are similar enough that it is helpful to be able to speak Spanish.  She was able to understand this very nice couple when they were making conversation with us and eventually offering to take a photo of us all.......


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day tomorrow.  Especially since it's FRIDAY:)

No comments :