Tuesday, December 12, 2017

It's My Playtime. I Make The Rules.

I always talk about the pages that I make.  Who is in them.  What is going on.  Why these photos were important enough to be scrapped.  But one of the things that I don't talk about much at all and even then usually as a side note, is how any of my pages are built.  Today I'm going to switch it up and talk a little bit about how each of the pages was made.  Just my favorite bits of each so that the post doesn't grow out of control:).

Just to explain the title of this post a little bit.  I am a slow scrapper.  An average page takes me 3 hours to create.  Sometimes, I will work on a single page for days.  I'm okay with that.  Some of the pages that I share take days to create.  That's fine with me.  This is how I enjoy spending my downtime when I have downtime.  Rushing through pages does not make me happy.  I'd rather find time by streamlining my process or keeping my space clean.  That being said.....

This page was roughly 3 hours and although it is essentially very simple, there are lots of layers.  The layers are what take so. much. time.   Not to mention the Silhouette cuts or the machine stitching.  Geez.  The end result though.  It was worth it:).  Such a cute picture of my boys.....




Every page for today has lots of layers.  Plane, Trains has the simplest layers and they just get more complicated from here on.  This next page was a beast.  Everything had to be done in just the right order to get the layers right!  It took me about 5 hours to get the page the way I wanted it.  Insane!!  The banner border at the bottom of the page was so easy though.  

  1. using a paper that has a graph print, cut different height & width fishtail banners to fit the width of the page
  2.  lightly tack the banners down with wet glue
  3.  washi tape about 1/4 inch of the bottom and 
  4. lastly sew a line across..... 




If I dream it, my husband will eventually build it.  It takes a lot of convincing sometimes but he can build just about anything.  For this page, I had this blue & cream striped paper but I needed something with a little more pop.  All it took was some bright yellow watercolor and wala.  Instant pop.  The rest of the page was simple.  Looking at it here, I'm considering adding a piece of bright cardstock to border the entire page.  Hmmmm....

 


This last page is from my August 2017 Hip Kit.  I decided to make my own background paper.  Using different mist, paints, and stamps, I created what I think is a perfect backdrop for this photo of my daughter at my brother's wedding.  Love the look on her face:).......  




Thanks for stopping by!😊


No comments :