Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inspired by Donna Downey

I would love, love, love to go to inspired this year but am still not sure if I am going to be able to.  My schedule is crazy and I don't really have anyone to go with me as most of the folks in my "circle" here are not crafty.  Anywho, off topic, again.  I am inspired by all the canvas that she uses and the bags that she is making.  I love the idea of a canvas purse and have been playing with paint, stamps, gathering and beading to make a new purse.  Although I ended up using muslin because the canvas was too heavy.  Don't have pics yet bc I am far from having a finished product, but I hope to post something next week, just wanted to get the idea in writing and see if any other crafty souls were thinking along the same lines. 

Here are a few more pics of the baby cards that I made.  Still haven't done anything else with them.  I guess I should be glad that I lined the envelopes and leave well enough alone.



I finally got my 2 scrappy titles and am going to do these 1 challenges from the 52 challenges book and try one technique from delight in the details-

  • Get inspired by an outfit (52)
  • Button bouquet (delight)
A recent dinner conversation between me and my hubby
  • Why Bother?(him)  Excuse me(me) I said why bother? (him)  This is about my use of salad dressing.  He who drowns his salad in lite dressing can't understand why I use so little.  So as I was trying to explain it to him, he looks over at the little guy munching away on his own salad, sighs and says nevermind.  Q just happens to like his salads with NO dressing at all. 


(Is it normal to put pictures of your food on your blog? Just curious.)

This is what I am working on now.  Loving the color scheme but it sure does need a lot of work at this point! 


Just finished this yesterday and have to get some picks of the new house and all of us together in front of the fireplace.  Can't believe that this time next year, we will be 3 instead of 4.  My little birdies are flying the coup so, so fast......

The paper that I used is glittery and I love it, but you can't see it in the pic above.  Plus the colors are not as dark.  I took another pic with the flash on and it shows the glitter and softer colors better.



And last thing for this super long, super pic filled post is the photo cube that I made from scratch.  Yes, from scratch. 

Side 1
Side 2 (my favorite with that handmade flower and leaves)

and side 3 (I didn't take any pics of the last side which is just for journaling).


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

No comments :