Thursday, April 14, 2016

A Favorite Photo

We recently went on a quick getaway trip to the Big Easy.  My son was so excited to get a window seat and while the plane was making its descent into DC, he snapped this incredible shot of the city with his phone...



I have a lot of layouts to share today too.  Just like yesterday.  I kind of fell off of keeping track of how much stuff I use and how many pages I do but plan to get back to that in May.  As you can tell from the number of pages i'm posting, it is a lot of stuff!

Still really enjoying scraplifting and taking classes but I've recently added more challenges to the mix.  It is so much harder to keep yourself entertained when you become an adult lol.

This first layout is about my daughter and my best friends son.  We were pregnant together and delivered them 4 days apart so they basically grew up together and were inseparable for the first few years of their lives.  



My husband and I are always joking around but than we always end with a smooch:)  This page doesn't make me entirely happy but it'll do...



This next one is a scraplift from Nic Howard.  Oh how I miss seeing her work regularly!  I hope she comes back to scrapbooking soon.  The page is about a selfie (my girl takes a lot of great selfies) my daughter took of us at my brothers wedding.  I'm so in love with the elegant grunge of this page....



This one is a favorite too.  Both the layout and the photo.  My son is not touchy feely so it was extra special to catch him letting his big sister rest her head on his shoulder like this.  The littlest moments can sometimes show the biggest love.....



Becki Adams has a wonderful style and she is really able to demonstrate it in her classes.  Sometimes you can take a class from a person whose style is so eye catching and interesting but that person can't translate what they do into a teachable format.  Not the case with Becki.  She is 100% interesting and understandable and I LOVE her class.  This is the page that I created and it is almost an exact scraplift of her sample.  



Ok, this is the last one.  It was inspired by this pin.  I used acrylic paint, a charcoal pencil, a background stamp and white ink to stamp, paint and splatter the pretty hearts on an old book page. Stephanie Ackerman made mini canvas's but I decided to use mine on a layout as embellishments.  I will definitely do this technique again.  It was fun to create and it came out really pretty.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday everyone!

No comments :