Wednesday, April 27, 2016

You've Got A Friend In Me

I am close with all of my siblings but I am especially close with my very first baby sister.  We are only 11 months apart and have been partners in crime for more than 40 years.  She is my ride or die chick, my most trusted (non-husband:)) confidant and the best sounding board a girl could ever wish for.  She can tell me that an idea that I have is completely asinine without making me feel like an idiot.  She has a way of letting me know that I am wrong about something but at the same time, not making me feel like an @$$hat.  My relationship with all of my siblings is precious but with her I always get the feeling that we are not only reading the same book, but on the same page.  Not many conversations pass between us that I don't have to tell her to get out of my head bc she will say exactly, word for word, what I am thinking!  Love her and would not trade her for all of the coffee in Starbucks:)  Here is a page about it that doesn't do our relationship any justice but does scratch the surface....



The page about me and my sister above is for a challenge over at SB.com.  There are 2 that I have participating in for the last couple of months (scraplift the person above you and round robin) and this is for one of them.  I had to scraplift the person that posted prior to me and she does mostly cards. I really loved the strips of paper and the twine that she used on this card.  Great inspiration:)  Did I mention that that floral paper is one of my favorite papers in the history of favorite floral paper?  Love, love, love it!!

Still rolling pretty good with the whole prolific creating pages thing and have several to share today.  The rest of the pages .....

So excited about the grid design on this one.  


I made the watercolor paper behind the photos using glimmer mist and rub-on's.  Super fun:)


This is my least favorite page and I am thinking about changing it.  The photos of my nephew in his Batman costume just don't "go" with the background papers.  I don't have a problem putting boy pictures on floral paper and the colors aren't bad, they just aren't playing well together.  


These 2.  I have no words for how happy their relationship makes me.  My oldest with my sisters youngest.  Happy, Happy...


Me and my crew on a weekend getaway.  It was super hot and we spent 95% of our time in the pool but we did get out for a bit to enjoy the mini golf course at the resort.  That adorable little girl in the corner is the worst sport!  I'm glad I got a picture of her at the beginning because she lost and was so, so mad and grumpy about it...



And as promised, here are the pics of my May "kit".  As you can see from the photos, it is not really a kit as most people think of them, more a gathering/focusing of supplies.  I have so much stuff that I get overwhelmed pretty quickly and waste a lot of time looking for the "perfect" thing if I don't put the supplies together in some way.  This system works so much better for me because it satisfies my need to look for things but at the same time, doesn't allow me too many options....

My papers are held in 2 different ways.  Either in bags that have been presorted to put papers that I feel would go well on the same page, together or loose so that I can rifle through them for accents or mats....



I do my embellishments pretty much the same way.  Some or loose so that I can sift through them and others are kept in the clip sorter or in the album that you see in the photo above.  I don't use post bound albums for my pages, only to hold supplies...




This bin holds inks, stamps, adhesive, paint brushes, markers and other tools that I use a lot.....


The clip sorter is so handy for keeping my embellishments close and in their packages.....





Thanks for stopping by everyone and Happy Humpday!


No comments :