Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Very Good Friends

That is what I consider my siblings.  We all work hard to maintain our relationship to each other and spend a considerable amount of time traveling to each other.  I see them more than I see my neighbors, which is fantastic for maintaining what we have built over the years.  I am feeling kind of nostalgic for them right now because they just left after visiting for a week.  I missed them the moment they pulled out of my driveway.

My youngest daughter with my cousins daughter.  To date, they get along well even though they live in different states and far from each other.  Facebook can be a beautiful thing...




Lately I have been very happy to be sharing so many pages.  For such a long time, I wasn't creating anything at all and had nothing to show for all of the hours and money that I spent gathering supplies.  For the first time in many years, scrapbooking is helping me to connect to my families story and to feel that the effort that I'm putting into it is going to be reward with the documentation of the who's, how's, and why's of my family.  

My parents, aunts and uncles are all getting older now and my sisters and I have just lately had this crazy need to ask them every question that we could think of about our families history.  They remember so much and that feels like a blessing and we are grateful for how eager they are to talk about the stories that make up our beginnings.  Some details have been forgotten or may have never been known but others are as bright as a full moon.  One of my aunts is very ill and fighting for her life right now.  She is too weak to tell her story but you can tell when you sit with her that she wants to.    

Recently, I mentioned the fact that I only seem to scrap a few select people.  Now that I am creating more pages, that is changing and my albums are truly starting to reflect the whole of our lives and our story.  

Like this story of my oldest and my youngest in their Sunday best to celebrate my brothers wedding.  I often write long stories on the backs of my pages and put shorter details on the front.  



My sweet niece who is now 19.  Very happy to pull this cute picture of her out of the box...



This little one could not eat a cupcake without ending up looking like this:)  I have many photos of her with cake face...


I don't have the words to express how happy these photos make me.  I had forgotten all about this day.....


My oldest son was a handful when he was a baby!  He had to be near me or he would cry so yes, he is sitting on the counter playing with frozen corn.  Happy baby = sane mama...


This is my least favorite page!  It did not come together from me at all and those red beads, those are the devil:(  It will still be going into the album with a hope that the page grows on me...


On the contrary, I absolutely love this page and was extremely happy about the way it came out.  That cat in the top left corner makes me soooo happy.....


This was my daughters first adult vacation.  She went on a cruise with her friends.....


My oldest when they were babies.  She adored him and would bend over backwards to see him smile and laugh.....


My girl again.  I thought that the photo of her on top of the car waving was appropriate to document all of the trips we plan to take this year....



What strikes me about all of the pages is that they are so very different.  The colors, styles, techniques and materials are eclectic.


Thanks for stopping by and scrolling through my page overloaded post!  

No comments :