Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Mini Albums vs Scrapbook Layouts

It seems that my scrapbooking preferences have shifted.  A few years ago all that I could seem to do was mini albums.  Now all that I can seem to do is scrapbook pages:)  What about you, are you a mini albumer or a scrapbook layouter?  

I am whittling away at my humongous stash and managed to get rid of (shift is a better word) 1 cube of paper this weekend.  I keep my paper in an Ikea storage unit so whenever I am using a lot of paper, it leaves me with an empty cube that can be used to store other stuff.  It feels strange to think about the fact that eventually, I won't have any cubes full of paper. 

My February Hip Kit is still waiting for me:(  I have a few more pages to do for January before we have permission to get it sorted.  The March Kit looks amazing!  It is time to get crackin'.  

This page made me so happy that I just kept it hangin' around with no photos for a couple of months.  Yes.  Months.  Is it bad that I liked it better without the photos?  I think that I'm going to reprint the photos in black & white....


The photos are great but the products on this page are so pretty.  Sigh....

This is a another page that I have had for awhile.  I couldn't decide what approach I wanted to take with the photos.  Just fall scenery was a little to cliche so in the end I added photos of some of my favorite fall moments.  Really happy with my decision....



This page makes me incredibly happy!  I actually used the scraps from my Hip Kit along with a photo of the builder image of our house.  



This page was fun to make too.  The punchy colors and bold black and white just speak to me:)  I used white acrylic paint and Heidi Swapp Color shine to paint the letters in colors that matched that fantastic plaid paper.  So. Much. Fun.  Love the look to boot.



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week and I hope that you enjoyed the past long weekend.  I did almost nothing but scrap, eat and watch tv:)

No comments :