Wednesday, February 8, 2017

What I'm Reading

This post should be titled what I am trying to read because for the first time in my life, reading is a struggle!  I have always been an avid reader.  Always.  I have literally read thousands of books in my lifetime.  Thousands.  But for some reason lately every book that I start is not catching my interest.  I've even been re-reading books which is something that I never ever do.  I'm thinking about setting a reading goal.  A thing that I've never had to do!  Seriously - in the past it was not unheard of for me to read 4-6 books a month.  Reading is that serious for me.  In order to kick start my interest again I picked up a couple of new reads at Books A Million this past weekend...

  1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  2. A Bitter Truth by Charles Todd
  3. One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell
  4. The Abominable by Dan Simmons (I've actually had this for a while and it is the worst book I've ever attempted.  But I am one of those readers who must finish every book they start:( so it will get read!)
  5. The Judge by Steve Martini
The plan is to get all of these finished by the end of March.

Maybe what has happened is that I replaced my reading with scrapbooking lol.  I have 4 more pages to share today!  

The papers that I used for this page are so not normally my style.  They were fun to play with which made this layout come together really fast.  I also had a little help from Jen Gallachers' Make it Meaningful video #22.  Love how the page came out and that there were photos to match:)



I love this photo!  The space ship in the background happened to be the boys favorite exhibit and they were discussing it while my husband was trying to snap a photo.  They had so much to say but my niece was over it!  All of the supplies are from my December 2016 Hip Kit with just a few things from my stash...



My oldest daughter when she was a baby...



The layout was inspired by this sketch...



This photo has been used before but I felt that it was too small and really wanted to scrap it again in a bigger size.  Love the page!.....



Guess what?  It's Humpday!!!!  Hope you have a great one and thanks so much for stopping by😊



No comments :