Monday, August 28, 2017

Bring It All Together

I am planning for some perfect crafting time in the near future.  That happens for me when there are no distractions like super long to-do lists, preparations to get a kid off to college, a long neglected home due to traveling and/or visits or lots of catch up work from things left undone.  Those things are behind me now and I have a little room to breathe.  

So now I have time.  My inspiration is ready.  My supplies are prepped and neat.  I am rested and full of ideas.  Go Time.  

This week I want to work with black and/or khaki cardstock backgrounds.  Another supply that is sparking ideas is Thickers.  There are about 100 packs of these little babies sitting in my stash and no matter how hard I try to stop buying them, I can't:)  Throwing them away is not an option so lately i've been trying to come up with ways to use them in ways other than titles.  There are only so many words you can spell without vowels!

If you have any advice or creative ways that you've come up with to use your Thickers, I would love to hear or see it.  Just leave me a link in the comments and I'll come check you out.  I plan to share my Thickers project sometime next week.  

One of the ways I have come up with to help get more of my non-Thickers letter stickers used, especially if I have a font in more than one color, is to use paint or ink to recolor the letters so that they all match.  

This letter sheet (available here) by Simple Stories is perfect for altering with paint.....


But the letter sheet that I've altered most often is this one by Lily Bee Design....



Over the years i've used this method quite a bit and it works well, even if the fonts don't match, but it works especially well for those large sheets of tiny letter stickers that have like 300 alpha's on them.  I love them!  And they are perfect for subtitles like the one I did on this page (I shared it on a post from a few days ago)



Funnily enough, most of the pages that I'm sharing today don't have letter stickers of any type on them:).  I used embellishment chipboard or stickers here for my title and supporting statements.....



Puffy stickers, stamps and a die-cut here.....


Finally we have some letter stickers but the printed paper provides all of the impact and support for the photo on this page....



And last but not least an invitation, stickers and die-cuts (again) to create the words that need to be said to support the story that I want to tell....



All but 2 of the projects were made with my Hip Kits.  Still enjoying them so much and hope to continue to use them for a long time to come.  

Titles have always been one of those things that a page must have to be complete in my book but lately, they have been becoming less important and more loosely defined on some of my pages.  We'll see where this title habit ends up at the end of my Thickers experiment right?  

That's it for me today.  Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you are having a fantastic start to your week!!



No comments :