Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Out Of The Box Inspiration

Our family spent a lot of time traveling this summer.  So many smiles and hugs and so much love expressed.  While our bodies are exhausted from all of the movement, our hearts are filled to bursting with all of the feelings.  It's almost overwhelming how HAPPY seeing the people you truly love can make you feel.  

But I digress.  This is a scrapbooking post and I am supposed to be talking about inspiration.  In my clan, get togethers begin, middle and end with food.  We are big time grazers.  So we spend a huge majority of our time together snacking or tasting.  We stopped by Publix to pick up a few things for a Sunday get-together -  

Can I just stop here and say that Publix is one of the greatest grocery stores of all time?  Seriously!

We stopped by Publix and as we were walking in I noticed their posters.  They were amazingly designed!  I realized that I could recreate page after page using some of these brilliant models.  The graphic designers who created them used basic design cornerstones that apply whether the design is for a poster or for a scrapbook layout.  

I used this ad.......



as inspiration for this page (I used supplies from my April 2017 Hip Kit)......



You can see how the strong lines in the ads translated easily into the different elements on the page.  I flipped the blushing beauties wording over and replaced the words with a photo.  The circle was duplicated and I just improvised on the rest.  The ad had details that I used but I didn't copy the look.  Absolutely inspiring:)

If you are drawn to an ad or poster, odds are that it is because the designer used tried & true design principles to create it.  You can follow that design on your own scrapbook pages or cards or art journal or whatever:) by identifying basic shapes, lines and paths than swap those elements out on your project with embellishments, papers and photos. Easy peasy right?

In other news I have 5 other layouts to share.  This bee has been busy!  Not only do I have have a ton of stuff to use in my stash, I just received a large order from scrapbook.com that I've been putting to good use as well.  On top of my Hip Kits.  I finished the last page from my June kit but it doesn't have a photo yet.  It probably won't have one until late September either lol.  Anywho.  Layout share.  I love, love, love how this page came out!  I never use this many photos and I rarely use a collage but this page was perfect for both situations.  These little guys are the best.....


June 2017 Hip Kit Club + Jen Gallacher Product Playground Class = a fun page about my great-nephews first Christmas Eve sleepover at my sisters house:).  The long, skinny picture was super cute....


Also crazy about this first layout for my family events album.  My son moved in to his college dorm!  So, so bittersweet!....


Another page with the April 2017 Hip Kit. We did a little road trip in our own city and it was fun.  There is so much to do here!......



And a random photo of my husband and I at a Christmas party.....



Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hump Day!!!

No comments :