Wednesday, August 16, 2017

World Events Scrapbook Album

There is so much going on in the world today!  A couple of post ago I talked about my decision to dedicate albums to big family events and world events that I want to record. Forgetting what is happening around me seems an impossible feat but it is truly not.  The news media's frantic jumps from one subject to the next makes it almost impossible to keep up with what is happening in a week much less some time in the future.

I still haven't chosen if I will have a format/criteria for the events I choose but I do know that the stories are going to go hand in hand with the content of our family stories.  Like the story about the eclipse coming this weekend.  Our baby bird is going to take his first big trip by himself to go see it.  This is a huge event as another eclipse like this won't occur for many years and a complimentary event for our family because of this dude going to see it all by himself.  Fear and all.  He is nervous about traveling by car for 8 hours on his own.  My husband and I are nervous about letting him.    

Guess what my second story will be for my family album, lol:)  Not him making it back safely from his trip but dropping him off at college at the end of the month and my husband and I not being full time parents for the first time in almost 30 years!  What a change it is going to be!!  We adore our children and have never felt that having kids around has changed how we lived in a negative or restrictive way.  It is going to be interesting to see how we feel this time next year.  Besides missing him that is.

My space is so clean right now!  When I came down this morning it was a disaster area from the last project I was working on.  That is so not my norm!  I usually clean up after every project and before closing up shop at the end of the night.   I just did a major clean/move/organize and find myself spending time tweaking my space every day.  But not the last time I was here.  I left this mess.....



Thankfully I got this place together enough to create a little something to share today....









Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hump Day😊





No comments :