Monday, August 21, 2017

I've Got The Time. Now What?

Yesterday was one of those rare days that left me with a lot of time on my hands to do whatever I wanted to do with it.  Of course I headed straight to my studio:)  But when I got there I found myself just sitting and staring at the wall.  We've had a busy summer and I'm tired but don't want to nap.  My son is leaving soon so I'm sad but wanting to create about him leaving for college. 

My perfect solutions to excess time were not working.  

My studio is clean, I have 3 Hip Kits waiting, and pinterest is overflowing with fantastic ideas to scraplift.  Nothing was getting me going.  Nothing!  I'm so out of practice that everything that I normally do is just too much.  

At this point, my "lot" of time had dwindled down to "enough time to start a project" and I was starting to panic a little because my hands and heart were itching to create.  

So I started putting together papers, embellishments and inspiration ideas.  Just knowing that by the time I walked out of my creating space I would have at least completed one project.  

Nope.  Didn't happen.  I was not feeling it so I just called it a day and went and took a nap.    

Not what you were expecting right?  Me either but the nap was lovely and just what I needed even though I thought that I needed to create:)

Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

No comments :