Thursday, August 17, 2017

Soft Colors And Black Backgrounds

Aaaahhhhh soft colors.  They are so calming and pretty.  Perfect for baby pages, romantic pages and dreamy pages.  Also perfect for bold and daring subjects too, right?  Maybe it's not the first color palette that you reach for when you are creating an amusement park or brightly colored birthday party page but soft colors can create just the right setting for pages that need to make a bold statement without losing any of the drama that you would have gotten from using bolder hues.  

I'll be playing with soft colors in a few different ways and really exploring how this girl who loves bold color can tone it down without losing any of the drama that the more intense color palettes bring.  

Part of my motive for playing with softer tones is a change in the colors that designers are using.  I've noticed more navy instead of black, pale orange instead of red and light chartreuses in the place of bright yellows.  There are still plenty of brightly colored palettes out there however with so many of these beautiful, albeit less intense products begging to be tried out, who am I to say no?

Today's layouts are a mix or dark moody backgrounds and light cheerful ones.

Dark background that I just love!  When that paper arrived from scrapbook.com I didn't know what the heck I was going to do with it or why I had bought it.  Gaaaa!!!  But it was so perfect for these photos from Q's grad photo shoot.....
  

Still in Love with Paige's Pages over at Big Picture Classes.  This is from class 2.  Man is she a fantastic instructor!  I would love to take a class from her in person one day.  And seriously.  This guy washing dishes in his Halloween costume 😍...


And the soft and pretty.  The first is made with my June 2017 Hip Kit which I am plugging away at.  They specialize in soft and pretty.  I stole this photo of my nephew from my sisters facebook page.  I just love it!  It will be framed for my wall.  Love to see his elusive smile:)


And lastly another facebook find:)  My sister and her bestie recently took a girls trip and this is one photo of many that I will be scrapping.  These 2 women have an incredible friendship and I just love them both so, so much.....


Hey it's Thursday!  One more day until the weekend and we plan to have a no do nothing one here.  It's Game of Thrones, Yoga, Snacks for dinner and repeat all. weekend. long.  Thanks for stopping by and see you real soon:)

No comments :