Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Totally Doable Scrappy Ideas

Sometimes I look at my supplies or my inspiration and the first thought that comes into my head is "I can't do anything with that" or "I can't do that".  Most of the time I'm dead wrong!  So much can be done with the supplies and inspiration in front of me that it's mind boggling!!  And most of the time it doesn't require a ton of time or effort, just a little imagination.  That's something we scrapbookers have by the ton:) eh.

Create a fun pattern with your fun patterns.  Totally inspired by this page by Stacy Cohen.  I decided to use the striped patterned paper as my base.  I popped the circles up and turned the stripes sideways to make them stand out.  I really liked her column design so stuck closely to that.  The edges of each circle are inked with black ink to make them more noticeable against the dark background of the paper...





Mix white and cream to create interesting layers and help dark photos stand out.  These photos had a lot of people, movement, bright colors, dark backgrounds.  In other words, a whole lot going on!   It was a party at an arcade so there were not going to be any good pictures coming out with my point and shoot camera so we had to work with what we got right?  My nephew had the best time though:)  He thought it was the best party ever.  I took my cue from the paper and used both white and cream layered together to create some drama and to help brighten up the photos a bit.  The bright colors and stark whites really helped......





Use large elements as part of the background and as part of the title.  My husband and I have been together for more than 20 years and while they have not been 20 perfect years, they have been very good ones.  I just love how this page came out.  The "0" of 20 was the perfect place for our photo and some clusters of embellishments to highlight it.  The rest of the title also fits perfectly underneath the photo.... 




You don't always have to fussy cut to create impact.  Pretend that you did by cutting paper into shapes and using leftover embellishments to decorate.  I have these terrible Christmas morning photos of my littlest opening gifts and our tree.  These photos are important because it was our first Christmas in this house all together as a family again after living in 2 separate states for 2 years.  It was simple to make "presents" with Christmas papers than top them with bows and other decorations.  They take some of the attention away from how terrible the photos are while still keeping the focus on the purpose of the page (long journaling on the back of the page).....





Thanks for stopping by and happy Tuesday!



No comments :