Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Scraplifting 101

Scraplifting does not always mean that a layout is copied exactly.  Most of the time when I scraplift, it is through placement, technique or color scheme.  Sometimes an idea is so brilliant that it has to be copied exactly and that's okay but the reason that most people share what they do is to inspire others.  And this girls always inspired lol.  I have about 25,000 pins on my Pinterest board that I want to try:)

I have a serious "fear of the blank page syndrome" and many times will get stuck if I try to start with just supplies.  But if I have a plan to start with, it goes much easier for me.  Usually, my scraplifted pages look nothing like their parents.  And that is because it is truly about a color idea or a placement or maybe how someone used an embellishment or technique in a certain way.  

Of course, I do have my own ideas and use them all the time.  But I make so many pages and have so many pages to make that I really want to create as many layouts as humanly possible before I go to the big LSS in the sky.  Just sayin....

This page was just a simple L shaped design with clusters.  A classic design that requires no thought for me.  This design works with most papers and most embellishments.  No scraplifting required.......



This page was scraplifted.  The original is pinned here and is by Sasha Farina.  Her hand stitching is fantabulous and I have been wanting to get better at that.  Yeah no.  I ended up ditching the hand stitching attempt and just machine stitching.  But her placement, circles and embellishment clusters were exactly the thing for this layout.  She does not do mixed media and her pages are typically clean and simple so you can really see in the differences between what I did and what she did on the original page, how you can pick and choose which ideas from a page you will use and how.......



All of the supplies came from my August 2017 Hip Kit Club.  

I had never done a mixed media sketch before.  It was kinda fun.  This is the sketch I used.....


sketchabilities #109





































This is my page.....




The supplies are from my May 2017 Hip Kit Club.   

My final scraplift of the day.  This page is by Vicky Chrisman I think and I really liked how she placed the orange paper and the photo.  That's what I lifted.  I know right!  Not a lot but a perfect example of how just having a starting place can get you moving and result in what turned out to be my favorite page of the day.......



Used more stuff from my Hip Kit.  This time all the things came from August 2017.

Hubby had an eye appt yesterday so being that I am an amazingly fantastic wife.  Yes, I had errands to run;)  I got to stop at Michael's and pick up a couple of things.  Like this tape runner border thing that is very new to me but looks cute and easy to use......  

Me and My Big Ideas - Create 365 Collection - Planner - DecoPen - Decorative Tape - Rainbow Hearts

Has anyone tried it?  If you have I would love to hear your thoughts good bad or ugly.  


Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hump Day!

We saw so many cute ghouls and goblins last night and it was so nice to see kids out filling the night with laughter and life.  Hope you had a great Halloween too:) 

No comments :