Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Not A Traditional Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving in Rome.  Rome!  The Italians don't celebrate Thanksgiving so I had to keep reminding myself of the importance of the day while we were there.  Not to be thankful mind you.  That I never forget.  But how unique it is that an entire country takes the time to focus a single day on being thankful.  And has been doing it for many, many years.  It's a beautiful thing:)

It is very hard not to be thankful in Rome, the city is so, so beautiful!!  Here are just a few photos that I took on my phone.  They haven't been touched up or edited so I cannot wait to see the after photos on a page.....










The half-shadow, half-light photos are so intriguing to me.  Many of the pictures that I took are in that style.  

Rome was mad expensive so the trip has gotten me to do a few budget reevaluations since we've been back.  

Keeping it Thankful!  My motivation is not to stop buying things just to save money.  My motivation is to stop buying things for the sake of buying things.  I want to buy things that I will use and that will be useful to me and my family.  Saving money is a bonus:)  

I narrowed my categories down to a few that will work for me and think that I'm going to focus on things that I: 
  • Buy a lot of - Use a little of
  • Buy a lot of - Use a lot of
  • Buy a little of -Use a lot of
  • Buy a little of - Use a little of 
  • Buy just right (the sweet spot)
  • How to get everything to buying just right and save a little cashola
If I can find a happy balance between buying and using, that's what I'll consider a success.  I've already started doing this in other areas like the kitchen and nail polish and it really has worked.  

Before we left, I did a few pages that I didn't get to post.  2 from Big Picture classes and a couple just because.  

Most of these pages are just meh for me.  Mostly because of the stress of getting ready for such a big trip.  That kind of pressure just freaks me out and I can't relax until we are all landed and settled in at the hotel.  This page is about my nieces visit this past summer.  Loved having these girls here and the time went way to fast..... 




We have lived all over the place and our kids have really been good about adapting and making the best of the changes.  New schools.  New friends.  New weather.  New environments.  Never close to family.  Never any complaints from them.  So grateful for all of their support......


Paige Evans Big Picture Classes Paige's Pages 3


I used my September 2017 Hip Kit to create this page.  I loved how Magdalena let her numbers fall off the edge and pool at the bottom of the page and did the same with my stars....



Big Picture Classes Magdalena Hanell Creative Titles

Fall in Rome.  I have no other words for this page than those.....



Thanks for stopping by and happy Hump Day!!!!

No comments :