Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Using Too Pretty To Use Supplies

I don't know about you but I find myself putting aside bits, bobs, paper and pretties all the time because they are so "pretty" that I KNOW there is a better project to use them on than the one that I am working on right now.  Really Shere?  What Project is that?  Guess what, the pretties don't ever get used or even looked at again most of the time.  They just get shoved back into the stash lol.  That habit is a changin:)  I am making a pinky swear to use all of the pretties right away from now on out!  No more hoarding!!

To give myself credit, I am much better about this than I used to be.  When my new orders come in they go straight into the rotation instead of straight into the stash!  Saving for later used to be my thing.  Now, it's not unusual to see 1999 Basic Grey on a page with some 2017 Paige Evans.  

Like on this Christmas Page.  It has some really old Basic Grey along with some classic My Minds Eye, October Afternoon and Little Yellow Bicycle (a little Shimelle too:)) sprinkled with the brand spanking new Pink Fresh Studios and Fancy Pants Christmas collections.....



I love that about most of the pages that I'm sharing today.  They have supplies on them that I had been holding on to because I still loved them and wanted to use them.  At the time that they were purchased my mindset was to wait for the perfect project to use that collection/paper/embellishment/whatever.  

This page has a beautiful fussy cut rose from a really old Basic Grey paper.  I used 3 different washi tapes layered under my patterned paper strips on this page for a fun effect.  Love the thread peeking out from under the rose too.......



Purple paint.  Purple is my favorite color but I don't use it much.  Except I have about 25 bottles of purple acrylic paint.  Not even joking here.  Thankfully it is turning out to be a really good neutral color when it's thinned and used to splatter like this.  Who knew?  Not me when I bought it all lol.  Again, very old products mixed very well with very new.  Can you spot the new stuff?  This is not a favorite page but guess what?  It's going into the album.....



I did lots of layering on these pages.  Love it!  This one is from my July 2017 Hip Kit.  I like the fun sprinkle of embellishments down the side of the page.  Seriously.  That typewriter was definitely going into the donate bin but as I was making this page it caught my eye.  I think it looks great on this page and that spot is the perfect place for it......



I did it yall!  I updated this page with the journaling:)  Love it even more....... 



So glad you could stop by and see me on this beautiful Tuesday!  Hope you are having a lovely day😊

No comments :