Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Finally Some Cooler Weather!

Last week we were still having 90 degree days here.  In October for Pete's sake!!  The high today was a lovely 61 degrees and was able to sport my comfy sweater and jeggings while sipping a hot coffee on my deck. 

It's hard to believe that Halloween will be here soon but this girl is ready.  Scrapbook.com mailed my order super fast for the first time ever and I have 3 new Halloween lines in my hot little hands.  No little kids in my house to speak of but lots of spooky paper and embellishments just in case my siblings post some photos of a couple random chaps on their social media accounts hint, hint:).

In line with my goal of making journaling more fun.  More done.  I made this page of my daughter with a monster milkshake.  I love the look on her face!  When she sent me the photo, I had to text her and ask her what the heck she had.  I'd never seen a shake like that in my life.  I have no idea how she finished that thing but she said it was delicious.
I made the title by playing around with Microsoft word and some text box trickery to make the journaling frame around the photo.  It took some doing but it was so worth it!  The result is super, super cute....




and be still my alphabet fringe letter heart!  This came out so much better than I had planned.....



From there, my journaling got less and less lol.  On this page, I hand wrote all of the details on that striped Elle's studio card (isn't it adorable?  I altered it a little to match my page by placing red cardstock over the orange stripe that was pre-printed on the card).....




A blurb with some details below the title and some factual stuff on the journal spot in the top left corner and we will call the journaling done here......




Just the facts on this one but I was worn out after doing all of that stitching!  Sewing was a good touch on the page though and really helped the monochromatic cameras stand out.  Next time maybe I'll do them on both sides with my lazy self:)......



This was a good batch of pages.  There aren't many days that I like them all but today is one of them.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments :