Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Catching Up On Kits

For a minute it was on my mind to cancel my Hip Kit Club subscription.  The main reason being the fact that I am 2 months behind.  In the past, when I had subscribed to other kit clubs I would let them sit in the box month after month after month untouched until finally I'd break them apart and add the contents to my stash.  This time had to be different.  And so far it has been.  Every month most of the kit gets used almost all up with the exception of a few embellishments and alphabets.  I don't use near enough alpha's but that's a story for another day!

A couple other BIG reasons I'm considering ending my sub are that they use the same manufacturers and color schemes over and over again.  Which could be good but has gotten a little boring for me.   I'm sitting on the decision until January to see how it goes. 

Don't get me wrong, I've gotten a lot of pages out of my kits.  They are beautiful, they are usable and the design team offers a ton of inspiration.  I even normally get about 10 layouts per kit completed, so they are getting well used.  Not only are the kits well used with the product that they send, there are plenty of leftovers for me to add to my stash or to the giveaway box that I plan to do at the end of the month every month.  It's just that well, they are becoming meh and maybe I can get better bang for my bucks elsewhere is what's on my mind.  But we'll see.  

During the great 12 layout making event Sunday, I realized that I only had 2 pages left to do from my August Kit.  That means that today or tomorrow this sister can start making pages with her September kit.  Just in time for November to be shipped right?  LOL:)

All that being said, let's get to some pages, shall we.  Can we have a moment of silence for the greatness that is Disney?  It is truly amazing!!!  All but one of the layouts that I'm sharing feature photos from one trip or the other so I just may be biased.  I haven't worked with Prima type flowers in a while.  They are amazing on this page and with this Webster's Pages paper....



I'm not sure what Woody was telling the kids but apparently, he had done something pretty amazing because he had them all completely focused on him & eating up his every word.....




Can't have a Halloween page without googly eyes:).  This day was amazing.  Super long, super amazing.  Most of us dressed up (both the adults and the kids) in a combination of homemade, store-bought and everything in-between costumes.  So fun to see the entire family enjoying themselves like this.....


Last not least a sweet page about my now high school aged niece looking adorable at a park playdate......


Happy Humpday Everyone and Thanks for Stopping By!!!

No comments :