Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Bold Moves

Just about everyone knows that ATG guns are fantastic for glueing things together right?  I wanted to use it for something other than just sticking my papers to each other, so I put my thinking cap on and got inspired.  Inspired to use one of my other favorite things along with the ATG gun to create one of the cutest backgrounds to ever come from my head.  

American Crafts Zing embossing powder + ATG = this lo.  It came out so much better than I could have imagined!  And it was fun and easy to create.  All you need is blue painter's tape (a must to get straight lines!), ATG runner, heat gun, embossing powder, scrap paper and sturdy cardstock.  

Use the blue painters tape as a guide to lay straight lines of adhesive in any pattern you wish, onto your sturdy cardstock.  Sprinkle generously with your embossing powder than press the powder into the adhesive using the scrap paper.  Heat evenly and slowly with your heat gun.  I found that 2 things really help to keep your adhesive from bubbling - going slowly and keeping the heat gun moving.  When you see the glue beginning to get too bubble, it's getting too hot and you need to move to the next spot.

I adore how my page came out:)  In the end a large majority of the embossed lines got covered up but the spot under the title looks a bit like some shiny piece of washi candy don't you think?.......

  

There are so many youtubers out there who do heat embossing so wonderfully but I have been watching Nadia Cannizzo's and Elena Morgun's videos for a while and still have yet to find many who can emboss the way they do.  Their embossed backgrounds are a work of art!  If you get a moment, their youtube channels are definitely worth checking out.  Especially if you like really detailed mixed media work.  You're welcome:)

Layout share.....

First up a page from a class I'm taking at BPC.  Ginny Hughes "From A to Z".  This girl has 200 million Thickers to use up so I should probably take this class more than once lol.  Love this page about our latest trip to Myrtle Beach.....


I think my girl takes the best selfies of our family.....



Speaking of my girl.  I used my May Hip Kit to document her birthday this year.   Although I am thinking about switching out the focus photo of her.....


Well that's about it for me today.  The hubby and I spent the entire weekend watching Game of Thrones, going to the gym and eating:)  It was divine!!  But it is now the middle of the week and the reality of life has definitely set back in and with it the horror of all the things that I am so very behind on.  


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day🙂

No comments :