Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Journaling Mood Board

One of my biggest scrapbooking weaknesses, other than photo printing and editing, is journaling.  I just don't like to do it.  The fun for me is in creating the page and reliving the memory.  Not writing it down.  That particular task feels too much like an English class assignment.  To keep it interesting and of course, fun, I created a mood board and some sketches to inspire me to journal more this month.  You can check out the mood board below or here on Pinterest and I'll be posting the sketches as I go.  


My goal is to come away with some pages that have more than just surface thoughts and statistical data on them.  The distress of the last month needs to find its way onto a few pages so that when we are ready to look back we can remember all of the feels:  good, bad and other.  

At the end of the month, I want to walk away with a new attitude towards journaling and pages that journaling can be as pretty a part of the design as paper and embellishments:)  It's much more necessary to recording family history too lol.  

The pages that I'm sharing below do not get me started off on the right foot but don't hold that against me.  Other than titles, embellishments and label stickers there is no journaling to be found on any of these pages.  Some of them may get a few words added to them before they get added to their albums though....

Like this one of this fierce looking little girl.  We never thought that she would love cheerleading as much as she does but she continues to happily try out for it each and every year.....


Or this one about our surprise wedding.  I still have a huge stack of photo booth photos calling to make it to a page and that spot just below the photo is perfect for a few words......


These girls were done with us!  I think that if one more person had asked them for a photo......


She was on her way to see us for the weekend and sent me a  photo of how light she packed.  Ha!  Light.....


Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY HUMPDAY!!🎉🙂👏

No comments :