Friday, January 18, 2008

Old Friends

I ran into an old friend today and talking to her was such a pleasure. We must have chatted for a half hour. I did another layout for a scrap challenge. Pictures again. So not like me! But between running into Teresa and digging through my photos (went on a manhunt and found one box. The other boxes are probably out in the garage but since it's winter, I have about a month to get them out before they are in any danger from the elements) I am feeling so nostalgique (sp?). My daughter left for college last week and I really miss her more than I thought I would. Unusual to say because she was hardly ever here and when she was she was in her room being teenagey. And then there is that. When the heck did I get old enough to have a college age child? Anywho. So very glad to be a scrapbooker because even though I miss people, at least I can look at my pages and see (not just remember) our time together. In the layout below, my baby is just 10. awwwww (yes Virginia, I am just getting around to scrapping a photo from 8 years ago. The rules have changed!!!! They clearly state that I don't have to scrap chronologically. That's my story and I'm sticking to it). So enough of the mushy stuff. Here are some layouts:

This lo was made for a design team project at The Pink House. I used Cherry Arte (love, love, love this line). You really can't see it here but I did my all time favorite stitching on this layout. It is very simple and easy to reproduce.


This lo is another one for Joanna Bollicks Challenge blog. Loving her sketches and can't wait to see what she post on Sunday. My daughter is 10 in this pic (she is 18 now. She is the one in the lower right corner).

Here is a look at a couple more of the pages for the Pushing Limits Paper Bag Album class. You can clearly see the map paper that I was talking about. It is so fab. It's hard to wait to journal on it. Last but not least, the cards for the abc Tin Kit that will be for sale at Gifted Memories. The kit comes with the MM letters, 3 Bugs in a Rug rub-ons, Basic Grey paper, the tin, ribbon and a bag of embellishments. All of the cards are finished on the front and back. Lovely kit!

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!! Blog you tomorrow.

1 comment :

Kathleen Summers said...

Fabulous projects!

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog last week and for the encouragement with having kids far apart in age. My heart is breaking reading about your dd going away to college and how much you're missing her!

Blessings!