Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to the Real World

Well, I'm back from a fabulous vacation and well rested after taking a few days to recover. Who knew that being on vacation could be so much work! I truly could not wait to get home. While away from my studio, I had time to do some thinking, brewing, contemplating, you know, new projects and I can't wait to get them all out of my head and into my 2008 kits. My first show of the year, ScrapStampArtTour is fast approaching and I am very excited to get there. But in the meantime, I have photos of my new class (using the fabulous Bazzill Stitching Templates, won-der-ful), some new Valentines Day products that came in the day that I left (K&Co's new Smitten paper), an updated teacher tin (still loving the new Urban Lily papers) and my newsletter will be going out on Monday Jan 14th. This is going to be a gloriously busy week.

I was not able to check my emails regularly while I was on vacation so if I have not gotten back to you, I'm getting there, I promise!
I must talk about NYC and Washington DC. Both are the most amazing cities! So much history and so much to do. My family and I loved every second of it. I got some fabulous pictures (I hope, the digital camera lost it's battery and of course we forgot the charger so I had to borrow my sons 35mm) I will keep my fingers crossed as these are the photos that I plan to use for my Hall of Fame entry. Ok, on to projects.
If you have not seen K&Co new Smitten Specialty papers, you are missing a treat. Don't worry. I got you covered. I am now carrying these pretty papers in my store and will be posting pics of some cool V-Day projects later on in the week. These papers are a glittery, foiled, bumpy, yummy treat so don't miss out on them!
Here is a picture of the class that I will be teaching at The Pink House on the 26th. I absolutely love the Bazzill stitching templates and can't wait to show a couple ideas on how to use them. If you have used them and would like to show off your handiwork, post a link I would love to see it.
This layout is fabulously detailed. If you are in Charleston and thinking of taking this class, join us! It will be worth every second of your time. If you can't take the class, order the kit. It will be in the store by tomorrow at 6pm! It comes with detailed instructions and you will be very surprised at how it came together.
Here is a pic of the newest kit that was added to my store. All of my kits are precut (all you have to do is adhere everything together (the fun stuff)), designed to hold at least 4 photos, use premium papers and embellishments, include a list of tools needed, a list of products used, a color photo of the project and complete instructions. I always include items that can't be found anywhere else (like the fabric flowers in this kit) so that you are getting something that is unique, not mass produced.
I showed pics of the outside of the 2008 tin, but here are a couple of pics of the cards on the inside. Each month has a place for photos or journaling on the front and a calendar page and quote on the back. A different quote for every month and also a little more room on the back for some notes. I will be teaching this class at The Pink House and this kit is for sale in my store. It's a wonderful way to record the year as the days go by.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'll see you tomorrow. Don't forget about the newsletter! If you would like to start receiving it, just hit the link and I will add you right away. Have a great evening. Shere

No comments :