Friday, April 4, 2008

Studio Shot

Okay, I don't really want to tell you how nosey I am but i'm going to. I am addicted to lurking on blogs and love to look at studios. I want to see where other people are creating their magic. I have seen some pretty good ones and I have just one question. HOW do you keep your studio CLEAN? Is there a magic pill, maid, super obedient children (husband)(pet) that live to clean when you are done creating? I am super slob and try really hard to clean after creating but normally it is 2 or 3 in the am (why, oh why does creativity strike so late) and am just too tired. Well I am going to share anyway because this is truly my happy place.

My workbench with the project that I am working on right now. As you can see, I just dump everything out and pick it up as it fits to me.
My planning station. I keep all of my reference finds, class calender, paperwork that I need to fill out etc here......
One of the windows that I look out of when I should be working......
My cutter, basket of fibers, pretty stuff that I like to look at (it is right next to the other window that I look out of when I should be working), stamps that I use often and my clock that I ignore until the last possible minute.
Look at what my mommy gave me. She loves the goodwill (yardsales, thrift stores, estate sales, etc) and usually when she utters the words "I picked something up for you" it gets groans, moans and "mom, my house is so full already" from the six of us. This time, just as I was about to say the words, my mom showed me these........

and this.........than this.......

*my little guy is a frog fanatic! He is actually writing a (100%) voluntary research paper on the life journey of a little baby tadpole to a big ol fat toad (don't ask me why because I have no clue. Am just glad that it is educational and does not involve bringing one into the house)*Who am I not to give them a good home? Love ya mom, thanks!
Here is what I am working on..........
Altering a book that I found on clearance
And the finally ready to be released (Monday April 7th Shipping April 15th) Gifted Memories Kit club. Gotta do some example pages but love the kit. It took me awhile to find just the right things to put in there. I didn't want to go with the ordinary but I also did not want to add things that would be so trendy that it would be hard to use them (most of it anyway).

The kit includes items from scenic route, bo-bunny, kaiser, studio 45, k&co, american crafts, bazzill and more. It is jam packed full of cool stuff and is called Hard Lines and Soft Edges. The name represents the transition from the hard lines of winter to the soft edges & colors of spring. Love the kit!

I also put a couple of new page kits in the store and am working on a few more that will be added in the next few weeks..........
New products that I have added:
Daisy D's Butterfly Dreams Journal Die-Cuts

K&Company Tape Runners (finally, a one step refill)
Making Memories Journal Books
Smitten Die Cuts
Thickers
And more. Make sure that you stop by the store and pick up what you like before it's gone!

The Newsletter will go out today and I sure do hope you enjoy it. I would love to hear some feed back on what you think so please share it here.

No comments :