Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Time No See

Wow! It has been a long time since I posted. 2008 was an adventurous year for me.
  • I hit the convention circuit hard and heavy and learned alot about teaching.
  • I created more than I thought that I would.
  • I scrapbooked less than I thought I would and
  • I met many more people than I thought I would.

I am very excited about 2009 and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of teaching. I have 4 classes to teach but have only entertained 2 conventions. I have to admit that last year was exhausting and certainly starting out my first year of business with so many teaching commitments was a little bit of over kill and I have definitely rethought that strategy for this year. This year I am going to try to teach once or twice a month but I won't have the booth. I will still keep the online store but am thinking of ways that I can change the direction of it. I have also been doing a lot of custom work this year and would like to continue with that. Ebay is something else that I will be moving back towards because I love the freedom of it.

Moving on to something else........My sister had a fantastic bash for her fiance's b-day this past weekend. The hubby and I partied with the fam until the wee hours and just had a ball. My daughter and my niece were there partying right along with us (because they are "grown" now! I can't believe that they will both be 20 this year!!!!! yikes). I had a ball. I can't say enough how much I love, love, love my sisters and my brothers. I would not give any one of them up for all the gold in the world and I think that I am so blessed to have them in my lives. I love em so much that if I were ever to win the lottery, I would not even have to think twice about splitting it with them! No pics of the bash because, as always, I forgot my camera but I have a couple of promises for some email pics.

A couple of layouts that I completed:

My husband when he first joined the AF. He honestly does not look much different now.

I have been all about the girl lately (maybe because she is off to college) and have done at least 5 layouts of her. Here is one that I just love. I used a really funky color scheme of black/brown/pink/red and blue.......

The boy in Kindergarten (he's in 11th grade now). Awwww he looks so angelic. Don't let that fool you, he was a hellion! He actually got sent home from school for cutting a little girls pigtails that year. His teacher and I "talked" daily and I am sure that he had her in the bathroom crying on more than one occasion!

A wall hanging that I did for my studio:

I had had these cute laser cut pumpkins for years and decided to just use them already. I really like how it turned out. Very different.......

And lastly, one of the classes that I am doing this year. It is a 11X17" framed page with lots of paper piecing, stamping on glass, cutting and coloring. I am too excited about it! The project for class won't be exactly the same because I plan on using some newly released papers that won't be available till early next month, but it will be close!

No comments :