Saturday, February 28, 2009

Getting Ready for The Snow

  • New Scrapbook Supplies - check
  • Overnight Guest - check
  • Gas in Car -check
  • New Scrapbook Idea Books - check
  • Clean Studio - (maybe we don't need this one)
  • Bread Recipes and ingredients - check

Officially ready for the snow, bring it on. I want lots and lots of the fluffy, white stuff and I want it to stick. It was pointed out to me at the crop last night that just because Bob the weatherman says that it is going to snow, does not mean that it is going to snow at my house. Bob does, after all forecast the news for all of SC. Thanks friend, I needed that reality check, lol. But I am still holding out for lots and lots of the fluffy, white stuff right here at my house!

My husband always wants to know why I love the snow so much. Good question, it's wet, cold and puts a halt to everything when it happens here in the south. But to me it is Peace. It looks peaceful, it sounds peaceful and it feels peaceful to watch a landscape blanketted in snow with more gently falling down. One of my earliest memories is this - We had gotten some snow (I grew up in SC so we didn't get it very often) and a little while after my dad came home from work, I guess he looked out the window and saw a bunny in our front yard. He woke us all up and called us to the window (we loved animals. My baby sister had wanted to be a vet when she grew up) just so that we could see the bunny in the snow. We just sat there in quiet and watched it till it hopped away than went back to bed. Such a simple thing, but everytime I think of it, I feel how much my dad loved us. It reminds me of all the little things my dad always did to let us know that he loved us. He told us all the time, but he showed it too. Snow takes me right back to that day, every single time.

I had a great time at the crop last night. I belly laughed, snacked, chatted and completed 2 pages. I am happy as a clam, who needs to complete 10 pages in one night anyway? The belly laughs added at least a year to my life expectancy so it was all worth it.

One of the layouts that I did. Not in love, love. Still feel like it needs something. Oh well, not going to obsess it will go into the album just like this. A napped everyday. She had to have one. And if she was playing and I did not catch her in time to put her down for her nap, this is what happened........

A card for my sweetie. He just came back from a trip and will be leaving again Monday (?). So I want to send this to him while he is gone so that when he gets back it will be waiting for him. I have a ton of these hearts left over from my classes last year. I try to use them whenever & wherever I can. That being said, they will probably be on every layout that I finish for the rest of my life!

I found this pic of Q from 2002. He still does that you know. He climbs in my lap and snuggles with a toy in one hand. Love this kid, he melts my heart.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a grrreat day!!!!!

No comments :