Sunday, July 25, 2010

He Has Great Ideas

This was not my idea, it was his.  And I love how it came out.  I was skeptical at first and thought that since he was thoughtful enough to make a suggestion about something that is dear only to me, I could try it.  It could always be pulled out later right?  Well I tried it and I absolutely love how it turned out.  My favorite part of this entire layout.  I was originally going to use one color and skip a space between stitches.  He suggested that I use a different color.  Future Einstein I tell you, future Einstein.


The layout is all about how much fun we had stuffing ourselves (6 of us) into the photobooth at the Riverbanks Zoo.  Even the people watching us were enjoying it -laughing with us not at us hopefully.  It was so frickin hot that day too!  We were literally melting by the time we got out of the booth.  Now whenever we see a photobooth, we want to stop and use it.  Good times I tell ya, good times. 

I made the layout based on this sketch from MME July contest. 



Speaking of MME, have you seen their new releases?  Say What - they are amazing and I will have them all as soon as they hit the shelves.  If I had to pick a favorite, it would be this line - MME, please don't be upset with me for stealing picks off  your blog if you just happen to stop by mine!. 

Portobello Road



If you get a chance, stop by their blog and check out this post.  It had a pic of all the amazing new releases.  Check out the rest of their blog too and have a look at some of the projects their design team came up with.  That is one talented group of ladies!!!!

One of our last visitors for the summer is here.  My niece is staying for 2 weeks.  I just got the little guy back from my sister after him being gone for 3 weeks and the big guy is finally home after about 2 weeks of travel.  Soon things will return to normal for us.  Long school days, dinner in, quiet house, early mornings, homework and a much smaller family unit.  At least we have a week to get used to our much smaller family unit.  This weekend our last visitors will be here.  2 of my sisters and my dad for the weekend.  Next week, all of the kids will be here (both girls and A will be back).  Phew, this has been the busiest summer I can remember in a long time. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic Sunday!  See you later.

No comments :