Friday, July 16, 2010

What Happens When You.......

Spend a week cleaning & organizing your scrap space? 

You can't find a thing!  At least I can't. 

I have been making myself at least go into my space, sit down & play every single day.  I have been so super busy this summer that I really haven't been able to sit down & create.  I want to, but by the time I get to I am too tired or I have other things pressing in on my time.  So I made a deal with myself.  Creative time everyday no guilt allowed.  Working so far but for how long I don't know.  It feels good to be in there, even if all i'm doing is hiding (code for organizing/cleaning) things. 

And a great example of what I mean is this layout that I have been working on since MONDAY.  Yeah, I am not exaggerating.  Monday.  I took this picture to show what is on my desk.  But oh well, i'm flexible.  The second picture has all the stuff I pulled out to possibly put on this layout.  I think I might need an intervention. 




Got to stop by Great Scraps this week and picked up less than normal but more than enough to keep my forever growing stash movin. 

Graphic 45 Halloween line


Little Yellow Bicycle Boardwalk & Pack your Bags

We R Memory Keepers RetroGlam.  These are the only 2 pieces I was able to get of this line.  But I love, love, love it.  I would buy every single piece!  I can't wait to use it......
and last but not least, Echo Parks Sweet Summertime.  This line is crazy cute



Fortunately, we are pulling tons of stuff out of the garden.  Unfortunately, it is mostly peppers!  I have so many I am really having to get creative with using them (ie, I am giving them to friends & family lol).  We did finally get some tomatoes to ripen (the vines are packed full but they are all green) and we harvested some bell peppers & squash.  The corn will be ready any day, the silk is already drying, can't wait to taste that. 


Some more photos of our 4th of July fun!  Will I ever stop with the photo overloads? 

My boys at my cousins cookout. 

My Aunt Jenny.  Love this pic of her, hate the glare on her glasses.


Hello IKEA!  If it is possible to fall in love with a store, I think I have done it.  We went to get a bed for the boy and found one that he is going to absolutely love at a price that we absolutely love.  It makes his teeny, tiny room look so much bigger.  Although it was a major pain to put together (and we busted the boys fish tank in the process of putting the bed together) it was so worth it. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

No comments :