Monday, May 8, 2017

Getting Ready to Create? What's Your Process???

I don't know about you but my creating time is important to me.  I'm also busy so when I do make time, I have to make the most of it.  Not in a "you must rush, rush, rush, finish, finish, finish" kind of way but in a way that squeezes every second out of a limited amount of time.  

My process includes a few things that help me to get every bit of creating time that I can when I sit down to make stuff.  Number 1 is organization!  Not the kind of organizing where every thing in my room is labelled and color sorted but the kind where the things I use all the time are at arms length.  Nothing kills my mojo faster than having to get up and look for crap:) 

Number 2 is planning.  Yep.  I said planning.  About once a month I sit down with about 75 or so sheets of paper and a list of inspiration to put together.  Literally.  The papers get matched (usually 2-4 papers + 1 sheet of cardstock) with an idea and paper clipped together.  They are then put into a 12X12 paper holder until I'm ready to use them.  Easy peasy...

and Number 3 is cleaning my space.  I clean my space after every project.  All of the tools get put away, the desk gets a wipe and my leftovers get sorted.  IKR?  Who does that?  You would be surprised by how little time it takes and how much it helps.  

Other than that, really anything goes for getting ready.  Especially if it involves a good podcast and a glass of wine:)

Speaking of creating.  Layout share!  4 seems to be my magic number so here goes.....

Still having a bit of problems with the learning curve involved in printing on my new fancy paper.  This picture is so orange!  I still love this page with the photo of my nephews playing.  It's so boy....


February 2017 Hip Kit loveliness.  It took a crazy amount of time to stitch those circles but I'm lately obsessed with the look.  Thanks Paige Evans for sharing all of your stitched amazingness and inspiring me to stitch to the point of crazy:)......


More surprise wedding goodness 😍.  The design was inspired by Lilith Eeckles 30 Minute Layouts class at Big Picture Classes....


January 2017 Hip Kit Club.  My April Kit should be here today.  No shame in my game with sharing a page from January 😎.  I love these photos of my daughter!  She took them on her first real vacation as an adult.  Up to that point, she had never traveled anywhere without us.  Honestly she rarely goes anywhere without family and I think that this is one of maybe 3 trips she has taken with her friends....


Happy Monday Peeps!  Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments :