Friday, May 19, 2017

Journaling Fail. Big Time.

I like journaling about as much as I like printing photos.  Not much at all.  The fun part of this for me is creating the pages.  The work is printing and journaling.  Most of the time it comes so hard.  When I look at my pages, the memories are always there even if the details (dates & places) aren't.  I've had so many pages to put away that I just kind of gave up on the journaling and fell back to putting the names and what I hope is the date on each page before I put them away.  

How do you handle journaling for your pages?  Do you always journal?  Is it a big deal for you?  I'm just curious as to how other scrappers manage/feel about the words that they put on their pages.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes a story is what my page is all about and the page isn't complete without having the words written on it.  Most times for me the photo is the story and the title is my journaling.  

Anywho.  These are just my thoughts on a beautiful Friday.  We will be going to Wine in the Woods tomorrow and can I just say that I am excited about it?! 😍

Another thing that is exciting me right now is the new color on my front door.  Oh my is it pretty.  So, so pretty:)  I'm also loving the pots that I put together this year.  It is a complete accident that my pots match my front door.  We've had these pots for a few years now.  The page that I made for this came out so, so pretty.....



And on top of that, I've really been digging into my Hip Kits and new products.  The system that I started at the end of last year is a keeper!  This page about my oldest & my youngest.  I adore them both:)  She was home visiting and got one of his rare hugs.  They still fight (the typical brother sister bickering) when they are together if you can believe that so it's nice to see them loving on each other.  I used products from my latest scrapbook.com order.  Yay me....



I used my March 2017 Hip Kit for this page.  I loved the paper by Paige Evans!  I used my Cameo to cut a heart from the center of each square, sewed around each block with my machine than added in some of the embellishments from the kit.  The dark green cs was from my stash and is a color that I never thought I would use.  The photo is my girl again.  This was before she cut all of her hair off.  She's not lazy like her momma and has no problems with doing her hair everyday.  I would have a real problem if I couldn't throw it into a ponytail or bun lol.  Anyway I just love this photo of her....



I used the same Kit and a lesson from Jen Chapin's Big Picture Class "Rainbow".  The lesson was for pocket pages which I don't do so I just did my own thing here.  This photo is not a favorite but it tells a story of how close me and the little man were when he was little.  If he found me napping somewhere, he would climb up and play/read/watch tv while I slept.  It usually ended with him falling asleep too:)  My husband snapped this shot of us.....



Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!!




No comments :