Wednesday, May 31, 2017

It's Waining Momma

and other such memories of a baby boy who is now a man.  He will be leaving us soon to go off to college and to a new life on his own.  Although we feel a tremendous amount of pride in his courage and his accomplishments, his leaving is so bittersweet.  All I can seem to think about these days is how sugary sweet it has been to have him at home with us all these years.  He is a great kid.  Fantastic even.  

Case in point.  He still picks flowers for me.  Not all the time like he did when he was little, but enough for me to still be so appreciative of the fact that he remembers me when he sees pretty flowers.  Oh some woman is going to be so lucky:).....



He is also quite the collector.  I was in his room talking to him about something and just happened to glance at his shelves (his room sends my very neat self into a bit of a panic so I try not to look around most of the time!).  What I noticed was how he loves to collect things.  Junk to most but to him interesting enough to hold on to for a life time.  Especially rocks.  Oh the number of rocks.  I see our travels in his collections along with the things he really loves.  Like the beads around the dinosaurs neck that were from our trip to New Orleans...





I am so going to miss having him around!

I love this page about how much I love books....



And this photo of my BIL and my niece before the father/daughter dance.  She told me later that she had the best time.  Awwww.......



Thanks for stopping by, have a happy humpday😍

No comments :