Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Photo Paper

I don't know about you but printing photos is the bane of my scrappy life!  I print at home because I am mostly a product driven scrapbooker.   The papers and pretties speak to me, I create and than the photos get printed for the page.  A little backward but it works for me.  I guess I could just do all 4X6 but sometimes a smaller or very much larger photo is the best fit for what is going on on the page.  

Most of the time I use HP glossy.  Let me be real here.  I mostly use what I can get on sale:)  Photo paper is mad expensive!!  That being said, I really like the HP Glossy.  It's very popular so it can usually be found on sale.  The colors are crisp and the inks go on really well.  HP was not on sale and there were 3 sheets left in the box!  Epson Ultra Premium Luster was on sale and the photos on the box were amazing.  But, I'm not loving it:( My photos aren't looking nearly as good as they do on the glossy.  

See for yourself.  All 4 of the pages below have photos printed on the Epson paper and all of the photos seem to be a little washed out and flat.  They didn't come to life as the glossy paper seems to make them do.  Oh well, I'm stuck with it for now bc I bought 100 sheets which will print 200-250 photos for me.   Hopefully the love will grow as time goes on.  Lots of time.....

I love, love, love this page!  It is so full of color and fun:)  I used my silhouette cameo to cut a globe and then paper pieced the photo and other bits inside of it.....



* Design inspiration from Big Picture Classes - Jen Chapin Rainbow L4

This one is a favorite too:)  My niece snuck a selfie of her mom all dressed up.  She looked so content and happy that I fell in love with the photo.  I used my silhouette again to cut the flowers onto gray cs.  Than I backed it with the floral paper.  It looks complicated but it was a super simple page once all the cutting was done.....



All of the supplies are from my March 2017 Hip Kit.

This photo cracks me up and brings back good feelings about a day trip we took to visit my daughter last year.  These 2.  Sigh.....



A favorite photo (2nd time around:) of my girlies enjoying a day at the spa.....



Thanks for stopping by and happy HUMPDAY!  I can't believe that this weekend is (inter)national scrapbook day!!!

No comments :