Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cards from scraps. What could be better.

Here are the cards that I promised. Making cards goes hand in hand with scrapbooking so I wanted to do a mix of cards that you can use all year long. I can barely get my Christmas cards out on time so I did do a couple of easy Holiday cards but mostly I concentrated on cards that you can put in your stationary box to use when you are just thinking of someone. The scraps from my Christmas papers translated wonderfully and I hope that you enjoy the projects.

Card 1.....Thinking of you (the inside of the card has the words "of you" and space to write a quick note) You will need: *Premade Card 5X3 1/2 - Cardstock 4 3/4X3 - Cardstock 2X1 1/2 - Cardstock 1 3/4X1 1/4 -Flowers - Rhinestones - Alphabet rub-ons*

Card 2 - Love Always. I stamped the Rhonna F. Flourish with Red Stickles and used a white souffle pen to draw the outline on the heart brad. The letters in "always" are rub-ons that I drew over with the white souffle pen than outlined with a micron fine tip marker (I absolutely LOVE the souffle pens, as the ink dries it puffs up to give a wonderful effect and they draw like a champ on slick surfaces.). You will need:*Premade card 5X3 1/2 - Cardstock 4X3 - Cardstock 4X1 1/2 - Cardstock 2 1/2X2 1/4 - Die-cut journal space - Rub on alphabets & "Love" - Flourish stamp - Red Stickles - White souffle pen - Black fine tip Micron*

Card 3 - Green flourish was heat embossed with glitter embossing powder. Red heart die cut has a large rub on applied. You will need:*Premade card 5X3 1/2 - Cardstock 4X3 1/4 - Red heart - Rub on to fit red heart - Green glitter embossing powder - Rhonna F. Flourish - Chipboard phrase sticker*
Card 4 (My Favorite only because of the snowflakes #1 was the runner up. Love the flowers). I had a plain, white snowflake leftover that I wanted to use. It was very plain so I covered the whole thing in stardust stickles and placed an iridescent snowflake in the center. Easy as pie. You will need:*Premade card 5X3 1/2 - Cardstock 5X3 - PP 5X1 3/4 - 5 snowflakes. 1 large, 3 small & 1 acrylic - Letter stickers - Stickles - Black fine tip Micron.


Enjoy the cards! See you tomorrow with some great tag ideas (and they are not just for Christmas). Have a great night. Shere

No comments :