Friday, December 14, 2007

January 2008 Scrapbooks etc.

I just got the newest issue of Scrapbooks etc and I have to say that I love it! I have read it from cover to cover twice already, it's fabulous. Here are my top 5 picks from the mag (and why of course):
  1. They get an A+ from me on how well they link their website to their mag. How creative.

  2. Resolution Solution on pg 38. I will be teaching a class (we do a paperbag album in class) on this very topic all year long. Who knew I was thinking ahead. Love Jennifer Perks lo on pg 40. Very ingenious how she used those pockets. This layout definitely receives 2 scraps up!

  3. Show and tell - I feel like I'm getting a sneak peak. I love the Sonburn on page 49, I can't wait to get my hands on these (the whale paper speaks to me). I have been in love with the K&Co Ancestry line since it first came out. You will definitely find this in my store on Thursday, it is fabulous!

  4. Inspiration, make it yours starting on pg 70. Not enough words to describe how much I love this section. Scraplifting, nuff said.

  5. Saved the best for last - Multiplication Lessons. Must - Check - Out! All of those one photo layouts that you see that are just eye candy because, let's face it, we have tons of photos are turned into something we can actually eat (so to speak). Layouts that have 4 & 5 photos on them and that look just as good (better, because they have more photos) as the originals. This article definitely took the gold in this issue for me.

Speaking of my new online store (see #3). The grand opening for Gifted Memories is right around the corner and I have been working on some fantastic page kits, paperbag album kits and something a little different that involves glass beads. Have no idea what it can be? Well I'm not telling quite yet, you just have to come on by on Thursday and take a look for yourself. I promise you will love it. I will let you in on one of the great giveaways that I have planned though. (I am not just giving away paper and glue either, I plan to pull out all of the stops). Here it is a peek at the first item that will be given away at 9am (early bird special?) just for being the first person to purchase during that hour. How easy is that? Some lucky scrapper is getting a great tool for their toolbox.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, I love to hear about what's going on in your scrap space so post a comment on your favorites from this magazine and tell me about the projects your working on. I'm off to scraplift the cover! Will post it tomorrow. Have a terrific night. Shere

No comments :