Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Humpday

Here's my to do list:
  • cook dinner (not leftovers). We are having Arroz con Pollo yum
  • budget & pay bills
  • garage (one box at a time)
  • vacuum downstairs
  • a load of laundry (if I do a load a day, I don't have to dedicate a whole day to it). How do 3 people generate so much laundry!
  • Bible study
  • 2 class samples
  • lab work

So I am sitting here blog hopping my day away and fighting a serious urge to take a nap when my doctor calls. When your doctor calls you out of the blue, it is never good news. The conversation goes like this:


D: How are you feeling Mrs. Jamison. (This is gonna be bad.)

S: blah, blah, blah. I seriously babble when I am nervous and I am tired.

D: We got your labs back and I would like to sked an appointment (This is gonna be really bad)

S: blah, blah, blah. I don't even know what the heck I was talking about and he must think I am a complete nut job by now because I am just jabbering!

D: Your iron is low. Very low. Have you been throwing up blood, peeing blood or having nosebleeds? (Low iron, that is old hat and so not as bad as I thought)

S: My iron is always low. But I can come in Friday (so relieved)


Turns out, my iron is lower than normal. Could explain all the naps and how frickin freezin I am even though it is 75 degrees in my house. My hemo level is 8.7 (6.5 is considered to low to function apparently and 12-16 is the normal range) and my hematocrit is 28.2 and normal is 36 to 44). Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this so that I can get a little energy back.

No comments :