Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Most Favoritist Project Yet

Is this box with paper bag album. I love K&Co and seem to be using them more and more in my work. They are one of the few companies that I used when I first started but didn't outgrow, so to speak. I recently taught a class on this box and have some leftover so I decided to put it to use. I put beaded feet on it and a finial from the chandelieir of my old house that I had hung onto. I beaded the finial and set it in the top of the box thru a group of layered flowers. I was so happy with how it came out!

Here are a couple of the inside pages of the album. It has a total of 10 pages plus 4 double-sided tags. I am in love with how the Maya Road Bird came out. He doesn't come with wings so I made him some.

This is a couple of the tags. I used cuttlebug embossing folders to emboss the photo mats. The butterfly is a stamp that I bought years ago. I stamped it on the background paper than I stamped it again on some scrap paper that I loved the design of. I cut it out of the scrap paper and layered it with primas and bling.


This layout is for pencil lines. I tried my hand at making those lollipop flowers. Fun, fun, fun and I love the way they came out.

When my niece was little, I had this gorgeous pot of moss roses on my front porch. The kids were forbidden to even look at them! But D would pick me one every time she was over and sitting outside with someone.

My to do list. I know, I know, boring with a capital b but I saw a book that Ali Edwards? did where she had her blog for the year printed into a shutterfly? book and I have got to do that! I put most of my craziness and lots of photos on my blogs. Once I finally get into my groove, I want to look back on my starving artist days lol! Actually, my life is changing faster than I can keep up and my kiddos are deserting me one by one. My baby girl is going to be 20 in a couple of months! Wowzer. My oldest son starts his senior year next year. A senior. When did that happen? Of course I still have my baby. If my husband thinks he's spoiled now, let him just wait till he is the only kid in the house. The other morning, he woke me up to ask me if I would fix him a hot breakfast. My husband is a very light sleeper and all I heard was this croaky voice saying "you've got to be kidding me!" Umm no, he is not kidding. Mommy is a hot meal machine for the little guy. All he has to do is ask.
  • Finish cleaning the garage (my husband can't believe that we can actually get one of the cars in there)
  • Dinner
  • Fax PW to CK
  • Apply to teach at venue
  • Mail baby kit

Not much of a to list.

Thanks for stopping by, blog you later!

No comments :