Monday, August 22, 2016

Happy, Happy Monday!

I love the smell of a fresh new week in the morning:)  Although I am very sad to see the Olympics go, I am over the moon about welcoming a new week into my life.  Mondays just feel like a clean slate to me.  A do over so to speak.  

Last week wasn't bad.  On the contrary, it was pretty ordinary.  We didn't go anywhere, celebrate anything or do something new.  Thankfully we spent lazy days at home and not too crazy days at work.  Just how I like my week!

My little birdie is going on his first trip alone and he leaves tonight.  I'm going to think of it as a preview of what's to come when he leaves for college next year.  Feeling a little sad and nervous about him taking the train all by his lonesome but he is excited and ready to go.  As he should be...

On the crafty front, I am feeling the burn.  I have made myself promise to not create another stash kit until I am done with the one I created last month.  It still has a metric ton of product and I am nowhere near ready to get rid of any of it.  The rules say that once it comes out of the stash it gets used or it gets gone and I'm sticking to that.  

I really, really want to pull some more stuff.  Really Badly.  But I won't.  Sigh.  

I have several layouts to share this week but since all of them need to have photos printed before they can be called complete, I will just be sharing 2 today:)

Up first is this sweet page about my adorable niece who is now 10.  We had taken her to the zoo and she was soooooo sleepy.  



I am so in love with this page!  Everything about it makes me happy!!  The colors, the papers, the embellishments.  My favorite page this week...

And next.....  Yes.  This is the 3rd of 4th time I have used that photo of my daughter and yes I am still doing Disney photos.  The page is only a little related to our Disney trip.  It is all about how we love to travel and will use any mode of transportation to get to where we want to be.  Planes, trains and automobiles.  Bring on the travel!  Shimelle had a stitching challenge on her blog (which I ended up missing because I am such a slacker) but I still love the page and am glad to take advantage of the inspiration.  Thanks Shimelle (who will never see this post so don't get excited that she is one of my 8 readers.  She's not:))  


I used so much floss.  My plane and ship photos are promo shots that I found online.  

That's it for me today folks.  Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great week.  Until next time.....

No comments :