Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Getting Started is the Hardest Part

How bad is it to be too lazy to make yourself something to eat?  Yeah, that's where I'm at right now lol.  I want breakfast but we have been traveling so much that I haven't stocked the fridge with my usual fresh fruit.  I guess it's going to be a breakfast of baby carrots and coffee for the win this morning.  

Yesterday I didn't complete one single thing in my craft space. Not one.  No organizing happened.  No paper was pushed around and absolutely nothing was glued.  

We visited my oldest son over the weekend to help him celebrate his 25th birthday.  I really don't know where the time has gone but it is so, so lovely to be able to watch him thrive.  His home is happy, his roommates are great, he is satisfied in his work and excited about his future.  This mom can't ask for more than that...

We didn't do a lot of exciting things but we spent lovely time together.  And I made him a cheesecake based on his favorite cookie.  He loved it!  Even though I burned it:).  

For the first time ever (and probably the last) I did paintball.  The only activity that can make getting shot in the face fun.  Yes.  I got shot right in the face.  

We went hiking at the Cape Fear River Trail.  Remember the movie from the 80's or 90's about Cape Fear?  I was excited to get to see it up close and personal.  I was not so excited to experience the NC heat.  If you are looking for a trail that meanders through the cool wood trails this is not it!  It was more urban than the trails that we have here in the DC area lol.  I don't think we took more than 6 photos the entire weekend which is a bummer.  

These last few months have been really busy with traveling and we still have several more trips coming up. All of the moving and shaking does not help the mojo and I've really slowed down on the amount of time being spent creating.  My post title stems from the fact that sometimes I really just don't feel like doing anything but staring into space when we are at home.  Most of the time I find that just getting started will get me into the mood to make.  Some of my favorite techniques, pages and designs have come from times when the desire to create wasn't there at first.  Thankfully I do have some layouts to share this week.  Most of last weeks pages still need photos but here are a couple that are completely done.  

Oh Disney photos I hope you never end!  I have no words for this super simple page.  I just love how it came out:)



This next page is super simple too and I love it just as much.  Like unicorns me liking 2 of the pages that I created is a rare sighting lol.  It's about my Dad who is so, so awesome and fantastic.  Even though I really love the page, I still want to put stuff on it because it doesn't quite feel finished.  hmmmmm


The journaling is on the back on both pages.  Neither page had a good spot to write on for me.  I personally hate to write my journaling on patterned paper.  It happens here but it's not a favorite thing to do in these parts.  Most of the time I will either write what I want to say on the back or onto a separate piece of paper that will be taped to the back of the page.  I'm wordy so this works well for me.  

Hey all, thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday!


  

No comments :