Monday, September 12, 2016

And This Happened...

My husband and mine's amazing family threw us a surprise wedding to renew our vows!!!!!  They have been planning it for 2 years!  We thought that we were taking part in my Dad's retirement/birthday celebration but when we walked in to help set up, there was our family waiting for us with a decorated venue, wedding dress, tux, the whole nine yards!  To say that we were surprised is an understatement.  I mean who does that?!  We were absolutely blown away by the love and generosity.  It was and still is unbelievable!    When we married the first time it was just us, my BIL and the officiant.  No fuss, no muss, no planning.  I really thought that it would be left at that and that I would never wear a white dress or walk down the aisle to my husband waiting for me.  I guess a part of me had always wanted a wedding but was keeping it secret, even from myself.  Walking down the aisle on my Father's arm and seeing my husband waiting for me at the end....  I have no words for what it felt like.  My husband later said that he felt the exact same way.  Wedding was not on his mind but it was magical for him too.  


That is us still not quite understanding what was happening.  Just happy to see everyone.  We were quite clueless and had to be told repeatedly, for several minutes what was going on:)  It was dawning on us exactly what was happening at this point.....









Up to this point I really believed that a wedding celebration was not necessary or essential but man was I wrong.  My girls must have them.  They must.  And a photo booth will be from now to forever a must at all of our celebrations!  I have been scrapping the photos for the last week and fall in love with them all over again every day.  I'm so excited to share some of the pages next week.  

A couple of layouts to share before I start crying again lol.  

A really lovely photo of one of my little misses.....


It was a total scraplift of Geralyn Sy whose style is amazing.  I have her original page pinned here.  I stuck really close to her design because it was just perfect for me and what I wanted to do.  

And this one of my son experiencing his first exposure to "art".  It was hilarious and we still talk about it 10 years later.  See for yourself...


See?  Funny.  This was also a scraplift from a page that I saw in CK Magazines March/April 2012 issue.  The page was "This Boy Melts My Heart" by Cassandra Cyr.  Again, I stuck pretty close to the design.  I am really crunched for time lately and have zero imagination when it comes to creating lately.  Thank goodness for scraplifting!  

That's all for me folks.  Thanks for stopping by!!!!

No comments :