Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Keeping It Moving

In my last post, I mentioned that I listen to podcast when I am scrapping.  One of the reasons for this is that I find myself being able to create more than I would if I were watching TV or youtube videos.  Other ways that I keep myself productive, scrappy rituals if you will are by...
  • Limiting the supplies that available for me to choose from.  I have a huge stash and when everything is game it takes me a long time to go through it all before the creating begins.  So counter productive!
  • Clearing my work space after every project.  I cannot think if there is a lot of stuff surrounding me. 
  • Having a jumping off point.  A plan if you will.  Whether it be a favorite photo, kit, class or inspiration piece.  Not starting with a blank page gets me going right away and helps to guide me when I get stuck.
  • Taking a break.  If I've been at it for days and days I don't give myself a hard time for just stopping.  
I love it when a good photo and great inspiration come together to produce a page that I just love.  My daughter got a great shot of my nephew after he had finished his heat.  Love, love, love it!  I had created it for the Studio Calico Sunday sketch challenge but never submitted it.  Oh well, at least it is a page that's complete for my album.  I used a small amount of mixed media (gloss medium with a Prima stencil) behind the photo to resemble the water.  


My sister and my niece in the photo booth at my surprise wedding:)  I am so in love with the photos that came out of that booth.  They really showcase the closeness we share, fun we had that night and our crazy sense of humor.  Fun!



That's all for me today.  Thanks for stopping by!  If you want to share your secrets to staying productive, please feel free to leave a comment.  

No comments :