Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 Has Stories To Tell

The one thing that I want to do more of in 2017, to tell more of in 2017 is to tell more stories.  Stories about the relationships, things, and events that are important but not always remembered.  My mother-in-law is one of my favorite people and thankfully we have a beautiful relationship.  I don't think that I have ever written it down or talked about it.  My children are figuring out how they fit into each others lives now that they are adults and live so far apart.  I've never talked about how the dynamics must change as our family grows.  All of the children are growing so fast and some of them are really starting to come into their own and really find themselves.  That's important but it can be missed if we are so busy living our day to day lives that we don't slow down and pay attention to the small changes that are easy to miss. 

2016 was a fantastic, beautiful and blessed year for our family!  2017 promises to hold more of the same and I want to be ready to remember all of the things, big & small that are going to make this year so great.  

I have a lot of layouts to share over the next few weeks!  For this year, my scrapbook plans will change.  I still plan to use mostly my stash but I will be keeping my Hip Kit Club scrapbook subscription and ordering new stuff about once a month.  The difference is that I will not be putting any new items into my stash!  I will make a plan to use this stuff as soon as I get it.  Last year I was able to do it quite successfully and I don't see how this year will be any different.  The only thing that will change is how I am dealing with photos.  Right now, I make the pages than sit down and print the photos to fit.  I ran into some problems with that approach and it was frustrating!

This year I have a list/idea of the stories that I want to tell and I plan to take photos accordingly, print them based on how many layouts I want to make and go from there.  Maybe having a set day of the week to print my photos could work well too....  

In the meantime, I have 5 pages to share.  

There are close to 15,000 pins on my pinterest board and I've got no plans to stop pinning anytime soon:) so whenever I am inspired by a happy my happy dance comes out.  This page was inspired by this pin.  I love the rolled paper and originally thought that I would use enamel dots to get a similar look.  In the end, my collection of phrase stickers won out.....



I adore my kids and now that they are adults, I am enjoying seeing them go after the things that they want in life.  I used washi tape and phrase stickers to share some things that I think/hope they will do along the way.....

Becki Adams is a huge inspiration to me!  This page on my pinterest board had a process video that I scraplifted to create this page.  More photobooth photos!  I only have a handful left:(



This page was fun to make!  Even if finding enough thickers for this long title meant opening 2 packages & using 2 different styles:)  My youngest has hopes and dreams of being a great scientist and one day discovering a new species.  For now, he is just a goofy kid with very big dreams:)  Love his funny side....



A page from my October 2016 Hip Kit.  Each month (so far) I have been using all of the paper but have a ton of embellishments left to use.  

We went to the Virgin Islands for vacation and my daughter got this shot...  



Final page is one about how crazy in love I am with this bunch of goofballs.  My daughters face cracks me up!  I use my December Hip Kit for this page.  Even though the pages from the kits aren't shown in order I made sure to finish off as much of the current kit as possible before moving on to the next.  Every month found me getting them done before the new one came in woohoo.



The circles were cut out of plain white cardstock using my cameo and I glued sequins to them so that I could get them onto the page neatly.  Loving the look.....

That's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you had a very happy New Year and that your holidays were merry too!

No comments :