Monday, January 30, 2017

Keeping It Crafty

There is so much inspiration out there and I have so much appreciation for the crafty tribe that I wanted to just take a moment to express my thanks:)  

It is sometimes hard for me to keep the motivation to spend time on myself by crafting.  It feels indulgent, sometimes even wasteful to spend hours doing something so unnecessary to everyday life/survival.  For me, many times that translates into a loss of mojo or creative slumps.  Thanks to the generosity of spirit of so many makers, it is incredibly super easy to go online and find the jump I need to get back into the swing of things.      

Don't get me wrong, my family supports me 100% and they don't give me a side eye for the time I spend in my crafty "hole" but I am sure that I am not the only person who is her own best critic.  Am I?  Anywho, enough random rambling for one day.  The layouts.  I have been reusing photos again hehe.  My kids (27 & 23 now) when they were little.  When I started this page, I had no intention of using this photo but it was perfect for the page:)


The supplies for this page came from the very lovely Hip Kit Club December 2016 kit.  I love this kit club and am so excited to get February's kit!   The page is about my baby sister receiving her 2nd Masters degree:)  So proud of her!!!!


My sweet nieces hamming it up....



A collage style page of my daughter and her Grandmother when she graduated from college...


The kids are growing up so, so fast!  The paper that I used on this page about my niece is bright, colorful and perfect for a lot of different pages!  I thought that her smile was very sweet here so I cropped very close.  The page design was inspired by Jen Gallacher's Make it Meaningful video #24.  She does such a good job with explaining her techniques & thought process and especially with her bright clear photographs of her projects...


Last and very least favorite is this page.  Oh what a mess!  This was one of those times that I was feeling a little mixed media and everything went wrong.  Did I stop?  Nope.  Kept right on wronging until finally I just called it done.  Sharing it and it is going into the album.  Maybe...



Thanks for stopping by and guess what...  Happy Monday Folks:)

No comments :