Saturday, January 21, 2017

AAAAAHHHH The Weekend! And A Layout Share:)

These pages honestly, pinky swear, have my emotions all over the map!  Some were so fun to make but I don't love how the pages came out.  Some were pretty basic but I am crazy about the end result.  A few just don't make me happy and I wish that I had donated the paper and never done the page:(  And others are meh but the memory was important so the page doesn't matter so much.  

I also used a lot of sketches.  A Lot.  But not on the first page of this share.  That page is all pinterest.  I was inspired by the kraft background and how the hexagons (I completely blanked and had to look up the shape for goodness sake:(.  That's what happens when you are in pre-calculus hell.) nested together around the photo...


This page was fun and the happy paper (Shimelle & Crate Paper) went well together IMO...


Sketch break....



 I love the different color scheme and the throwback Basic Grey Papers.  They work really well with the Simple Stories Posh Birds don't you think?



My sweet little niece has been having some problems at school with mean kids and I wanted to let her know that she is more than enough and that the things that people say to her (although they hurt) don't make her less:(  I know that she'll get through this and that she will be okay but it breaks my heart to see her tender heart hurt.  I loved this picture of her with her mom and decided to use it instead of one of her alone.


One of my least favorite pages but documenting the Christmas tree from year to year is making me happy....




This one was photographed way to bright but I still love the page...




If it is possible to get tired of visiting NYC please never tell me.  We've been there many times and it just never gets old.  My oldest son took these lovely shots.....




I actually followed the sketch on this one.  It is one that I would use again and again to be honest...



This page was fun to make.  I loved every minute of it.  Remember the printed vellum that American Crafts came out with a few moons ago?  I bought about 50 sheets of the stuff but never used any of it.  For this page, I cut the circles out with a 1" hole punch and stapled 2 of them layered to the page.  With just one circle, the color wasn't dark enough.  Some of them were offset just a little......



Another super fun page that I made with my December Hip Kit.  I cut the snowflake out supersized with my Cameo and that drew an outline of it in pencil (very lightly) on white cardstock.  Remember Flower Soft?  I glued it into the outline to look like fluffy snow!  Fun, fun page whose inspiration was from Ashley Horton's Silhouette Cameo Class on scrapbook.com .....




Fussy cutting at its funnest:)  All of the little tags were fussy cut than brad'd to the page....


Another page with my December Hip Kit.  The photos were really dark but I wanted to create the page anyway.  This will be the last year that my son will be able to volunteer for the event so I made do.  I use a Big Brush Marker to create the scallop around the inside of the circle...




It's fitting that my least favorite page visually is the last page of the share.  This page did not come together well or easy.  I was trying to do something creative to make the papers work together and nothing was working!  Except the card.  The card came out great:)



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a happy and safe weekend!  

No comments :